SIM card PIN Code - Razr V3

I'd apprecite some help.

I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
normal?

I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
right to have the code.

I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
phones.
1 answer Last reply
More about card code razr

    In article <1122832901.838801.128980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    Martin <metpx3c@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I'd apprecite some help.
    >
    >I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
    >code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
    >I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
    >service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
    >normal?
    >
    >I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
    >right to have the code.
    >
    >I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
    >phones.

    See my response to your identical but non-crossposted message (which it
    should have been) in the Cingular newsgroup.

Motorola Phones SIM Card Cingular