SIM card PIN Code - Razr V3

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 31, 2005 3:01:41 PM

I'd apprecite some help.

I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
normal?

I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
right to have the code.

I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
phones.

More about : sim card pin code razr

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:34:45 AM

In article <1122832901.838801.128980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Martin <metpx3c@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'd apprecite some help.
>
>I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
>code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
>I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
>service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
>normal?
>
>I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
>right to have the code.
>
>I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
>phones.

See my response to your identical but non-crossposted message (which it
should have been) in the Cingular newsgroup.
!