Setting up wireless capabilties on a custom homebuilt computer

Tomthetrain

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I have built my own computer and have almost finished with everything, but I am unsure as to how to set up the wireless capabilities for it. I am submitting this thread on the computer itself, but am using an ethernet cord to connect to the internet. I don't know if I need to download and install a different driver or if there is a simple way to just change some settings in the control panel. I am using windows 7 64 bit.
The networking hardware is a realtek 8111f Gigabit LAN controller

Thanks.

Does the motherboard have a wireless chip and wireless capabilities ? If it does then you can enable that capability in the bios and the motherboard cd will have the drivers. Does the motherboard that you installed say that it has wireless ? After looking up the model of the chip that you have it doesn't say anything about wireless so you may not have that capability on that motherboard.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=2&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=291

What motherboard do you have ?
You may need to buy a wireless adapter to install and get wireless capability for your computer.

TRENDING THREADS