TV card for Radeon 9700 Pro

comrade53

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
I bought a new computer that has an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro video card. I want to install a TV card which will record as well as just function as a TV.

Thinking that an ATI card would work, I bought an ATI pci TV tuner card that said it would record. It wouldn't and the TV tuner would 'freeze' after a few minutes and stop working. I took that back and bought an AverTV Stereo card. The TV part of it works well, but it won't record or time-shift. It gives an error message and shuts down when I try.

Does anyone know of a TV video and capture/record card that will work with Windows XP and a Radeon 9700 video card?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hauppauge has a card with built in HARDWARE MPEG2 COMPRESSION. Now, most of the problems people have had with TV recording is the large amount of CPU overhead involved, the hardware compression does away with this, but the card with the hardware chip is a bit expensive. Still your best solution.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS