Drum Loops CD Recommedations - Chad Smith and Charlie Watt..

Last response: in Home Audio
January 8, 2005 9:11:09 PM

I really like Red Hot Chili Peppers' drummer (Chad Smith) on "By the Way"
and "Callifornication", and would be interested in finding a drum loop CD --
if there is one -- that would feature loops which, in terms of style, would
fall in the same (or similar) category.

Also, some of my favorite drum playing is featured on Rolling Stones' "Exile
on Main Street," and if there is a loop CD that features something
stylistically similar, I would be interested in finding about it.

I understand that live drummer, i.e. band, is what is essential for these
recordings, and that loops could only approximate small bits of it, but that
's something that I would be more than willing to work with.

Lastly, if anyone would be willing to comment on "Beats Working" loop audio
CD from Zero-G, I would appreciate it.

Erol

P.S. My system is PC based, so I wouldn't be able to use drum loop
collections like Drumcore.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:11:10 PM

Hi Erol,

There is going to be a PC version of DrumCore available for the PC fairly
soon. The following is taken from the DrumCore website forum (
http://forums.drumcore.com/ ) :

"We are currently looking at a Q1 of 2005 release for the PC version of
DrumCore. Keep checking back at www.drumcore.com for news and updates."

John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

"Erol J" <bluetrain@mail.com> wrote in message
> I really like Red Hot Chili Peppers' drummer (Chad Smith) on "By the Way"
> and "Callifornication", and would be interested in finding a drum loop
CD --
> if there is one -- that would feature loops which, in terms of style,
would
> fall in the same (or similar) category.
>

> Also, some of my favorite drum playing is featured on Rolling Stones'
"Exile
> on Main Street," and if there is a loop CD that features something
> stylistically similar, I would be interested in finding about it.
>

> I understand that live drummer, i.e. band, is what is essential for these
> recordings, and that loops could only approximate small bits of it, but
that
> 's something that I would be more than willing to work with.
>

> Lastly, if anyone would be willing to comment on "Beats Working" loop
audio
> CD from Zero-G, I would appreciate it.
>

> Erol
>

> P.S. My system is PC based, so I wouldn't be able to use drum loop
> collections like Drumcore.

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:04:42 PM

Erol,
Check out the classic rock drum loops collection from a company called
Sessionloops - it's a bunch of song-style drum loops in the styles you
mention - RHCP, Stones, Led Zep, Hendrix, Police etc. The drummer is
Simon Phillips - he played with The Who, Jeff Beck - a bunch of people.
www.sessionloops.com
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:11:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
Erol
"JJ197" <jjannaway@aol.com> wrote in message
> Erol,
> Check out the classic rock drum loops collection from a company called
> Sessionloops - it's a bunch of song-style drum loops in the styles you
> mention - RHCP, Stones, Led Zep, Hendrix, Police etc. The drummer is
> Simon Phillips - he played with The Who, Jeff Beck - a bunch of people.
> www.sessionloops.com

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:43:56 PM

Hey, John!

Bryan Smith

John L Rice wrote:
> Hi Erol,
>
> There is going to be a PC version of DrumCore available for the PC
fairly
> soon. The following is taken from the DrumCore website forum (
> http://forums.drumcore.com/ ) :
>
> "We are currently looking at a Q1 of 2005 release for the PC version
of
> DrumCore. Keep checking back at www.drumcore.com for news and
updates."

> John L Rice
> Drummer@ImJohn.com
>

> "Erol J" <bluetrain@mail.com> wrote in message
> > I really like Red Hot Chili Peppers' drummer (Chad Smith) on "By
the Way"
> > and "Callifornication", and would be interested in finding a drum
loop
> CD --
> > if there is one -- that would feature loops which, in terms of
style,
> would
> > fall in the same (or similar) category.
> >

> > Also, some of my favorite drum playing is featured on Rolling
Stones'
> "Exile
> > on Main Street," and if there is a loop CD that features something
> > stylistically similar, I would be interested in finding about it.
> >

> > I understand that live drummer, i.e. band, is what is essential for
these
> > recordings, and that loops could only approximate small bits of it,
but
> that
> > 's something that I would be more than willing to work with.
> >

> > Lastly, if anyone would be willing to comment on "Beats Working"
loop
> audio
> > CD from Zero-G, I would appreciate it.
> >

> > Erol
> >

> > P.S. My system is PC based, so I wouldn't be able to use drum loop
> > collections like Drumcore.

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:13:17 AM

Bryan!!! How did I miss this before?? How have you been? Still at Vulvan
or??? How's the Clown Hole gang? I haven't heard from Ralph in a while, I
hope he's doing good.

I am once again loosing my job, but at least under more pleasant
circumstances this time . . .considering that is. If you know of any
oportunities please let me know.

Thanks!

--
John L Rice