Pioneer DVR-A05 Questions

jimmyault

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2003
Hi.

As the subject shows, I have some questions re: the Pioneer DVR-A05 DVD-R/RW. I just bought this unit and am impressed with it for the most part.

I've burned a multisession DVD-R with it (just misc files not a movie or anything) and am having a problem reading the disc in various other DVD-ROM drives.

My laptop drive will read it, but only what was contained on the first session. I've since tried it in 2 other drives (one was a creative labs 6x.. not sure the make of the other) and they both couldn't read the disc at all.

My question is this: Am I going to encounter this problem alot? I don't really like the idea of only being able to read my discs properly in the drive that burnt them. I wanted to use this for easy backup and mobility of data, but it seems now I won't be able to.

I burnt the DVD-R in the latest ver of Nero, if that has any bearing on the situation.

Any help you guys could offer would be great!

jimmyault

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2003
Nobody can help me out? Come on! This is Tom's Hardware Guide! The best hardware site on the net! Someone here has to be able to help me out.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
It would be nice if we can have only one format for DVD recordable. I guess your problem is just incompatible format among the drives.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=68606#68606" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=68606#68606</A>

jimmyault

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2003
Yeah.. but what I don't understand is why does the one drive read it OK, but then won't read anything past the first session?

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
In that case, the problem could be in the particular DVD-R that you're using. Have you tried other multisession DVD-Rs (burned by your A05 and other burners) on your laptop?