Wifi is connected but cannot access internet over mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

yunusqazi

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I have connected my android phone with a ADSL-2 Wireless router over wi-fi network having internet access on pc but not on my mobile depiter exellect wi-fi connectioin

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
So it never says that it's "connected"? Are you certain that the password you're entering is correct (if you have one)?

And have you tried resetting your router, as well as pulling the battery out of your phone? There is an actual difference in pulling out the battery and just turning it off and on through the software. If you've already done that though, I would try downloading a 3rd party WiFi manager app from the Play store and see if that works.

If that still doesn't, a factory reset may be inevitable to fix the situation. I've worked at several cell phone companies dealing with smartphones and I can't tell you how many times I've had to do a factory reset to fix something (usually as a last resort).

Smartphones can just be fickle sometimes...

yunusqazi

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Thanks for support; finally I got access to internet by configuring router again

miromaarsz

Honorable
May 30, 2013
i have lost my talktalk wifi network, by accidently pressing 'forget network.' & i don't know how to get it back. i have the htc desire c mobile phone and i was wondering is there other ways of getting back my network or does what you have said (above) apply to me also?

harshdeep

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
i also have s same problem. i am having android phone with jelly bean. my phone shows that it is connected but there is no wifi access...
plzz help me fix dis problem

Status
Not open for further replies.