Sign in with
Your question

Help - upload speed issue

Last response: in Networking
February 10, 2013 7:47:59 AM

Hello everyone,

I am facing issues with my internet uploads. I have a 20 Mbps broadband plan and my download speed is consistent (20 Mbps and above)

problem is that i cannot even attach a 1 MB file to my email, upload a small picture or video to any site..

1) I have disabled the firewall & antivirus and tried uploading.
2) I have formatted my PC and re installed my Windows 7 and tried uploading.
3) I have connected to a different internet broadband account (one of my friends) and tried uploading.
4) I have i have tried updating drivers for my Ethernet card
5) I have tried connecting the cable directly.
6) I have scanned my laptop for malware.

But I still have the upload issue, I cannot upload anything.

Then I called tech support (broadband company) and they visited my place.

They checked the setup and said everything looks good from config point of view. Then connected my cable to their laptop and showed me that my internet connection upload working (upload speed of 10 Mbps) and left saying it is my issue.

I have tried speed test on multiple sites. 90% of the time i get "error" for my upload test and 10 % of time it shows 10 to 15 kbps.

I need the your help to figure out what is causing this problem and how i can debug the issue and find the root cause.

right now, i have windows 7 without firewall & antivirus. Please suggest what i need to do and how to approach this problem.

More about : upload speed issue

February 10, 2013 10:59:31 AM

Can you tell me some of the sites that you've tried to upload content to?
m
l
February 10, 2013 4:39:53 PM

calmstateofmind said:
Can you tell me some of the sites that you've tried to upload content to?

just about any site. attachment in gmail, pics to Flickr. i did speed tests in all the top sites
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2013 6:40:08 PM

When you say you can't upload, what exactly happens? Does your computer just sit there forever while it says it's uploading? Or can you not even select a file?
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:41:11 AM

calmstateofmind said:
When you say you can't upload, what exactly happens? Does your computer just sit there forever while it says it's uploading? Or can you not even select a file?

90% of the time i get error during uploading (to check my internet connection ) (error uploading) and 10 % of time it shows 10 to 15 kbps.

screenshots when i try speed test.

I can select my files.

m
l
!