172x lcd or mitsubishi diamond 930 crt?

kopykat

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
I am having serious debates on weather getting the 172x or get the mitsubishi diamond pro 930. I have never used an Lcd before so i can only imagine what it would be like. I am far more concerned with quality than with space the display will consume. From what i have read so far the 172x is almost no ghosting on fps games, and as for the rest its just great (dvd playback, text, graphics, etc.). On the other hand i only heard great things about the mitsubishi crt - only con there is that its a big 19" crt (which is less of an issue for me as ive mentioned). I am not a "Hardcore" gamer, i play games like unreal tournament 2004 once in a while and i suck anways ;) , but i wouldnt want any blurring and ghosting - that would make me suck even more :) .So the question remains, please give me some personal advice on what you think i should go for.

MuffDragon

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
I came across the same question when i was building my new computer. I decided to go for the best of everything. After a week of research i finally decided to go for the Samsung 172x because its an lcd (desirable), it saves alot of desk space and supposedly it had hardly any ghosting.

I recieved my new computer and put it together and hooked up the monitor. The first game i played was unreal tournament 2004. I can safley say that there was no ghosting at all while playing. The only time i noticed a bit of ghosting was under a magnifying glass when there was hardcore colour changes in the game.

My advice is not to rely on reviews (especially the reviews on new lcd's) as the tend to be VERY HIGHLY critical. If you got the money go for the Sasmung 172x, DEFINATELY.

TRENDING THREADS