Night of the Raven: Official English release coming soon!

For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
details about a USA release.

See post number 15 in this thread:
http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378

They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!

I actually bought the German Gothic Gold release so I could use the
English translation mod, but it's just not the same (cutscenes aren't
translated, and there's new material for the add-on).

Josh Mayfield wrote:
> For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
> announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
> the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
> details about a USA release.
>
> See post number 15 in this thread:
> http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378
>
> They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
> hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!
>
> I actually bought the German Gothic Gold release so I could use the
> English translation mod, but it's just not the same (cutscenes aren't
> translated, and there's new material for the add-on).

This is great news. I hope they manage to have to hire a few more voice
actors in this translation han the amount they used (i.e. reused) in the
English-release of the original Gothic 2. Xardas, is that you?!

I'm almost tempted to import Gothic 2 Gold from Germany and find one of
those fan made English mods. Wasn't there a release there along those
lines that had both the expansion and the original game?

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in

> For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
> announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
> the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
> details about a USA release.
>
> See post number 15 in this thread:
> http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378
>
> They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
> hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!

Ooh, well as long as it gets an English release, I guess it could be
imported.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Vader des Vaderlands wrote:
> I'm almost tempted to import Gothic 2 Gold from Germany and find one
of
> those fan made English mods. Wasn't there a release there along
those
> lines that had both the expansion and the original game?

Yeah- Gothic 2 Gold is it. It's Gothic II plus Night of the Raven in
one box. I got it from this place (links directly to the game page).
Very helpful folks.

http://www.rollenspiel-shop.de/infoart.php?artno=JOW00006

Vader des Vaderlands wrote:

> Josh Mayfield wrote:
>
>> For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
>> announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
>> the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
>> details about a USA release.
>>
>> See post number 15 in this thread:
>> http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378
>>
>> They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
>> hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!
>>
>> I actually bought the German Gothic Gold release so I could use the
>> English translation mod, but it's just not the same (cutscenes aren't
>> translated, and there's new material for the add-on).
>>

> This is great news. I hope they manage to have to hire a few more voice
> actors in this translation han the amount they used (i.e. reused) in the
> English-release of the original Gothic 2. Xardas, is that you?!

Xardas needs to stop smoking. His voice got raspier from G1 to G2.

> I'm almost tempted to import Gothic 2 Gold from Germany and find one of
> those fan made English mods. Wasn't there a release there along those
> lines that had both the expansion and the original game?

IRRC there was...I can't wait for the expansion. It looks great and it
seems to add a large amount of content!

Here's where you can find all the neccessary info about the
transalation mod. -

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105121

I've just finished Night of the Raven with the transalation mod
installed. It does indeed make the game even better. Be warned though,
with the addon installed most of the enemy are much harder, the Orc
Elite kick major ass! Although, the addon itself is quite easy if you
go in at a high enough level. I waited until the last possible moment
and entered at about level 25 and nothing much could touch me. I'd
recommend entering at about level 15 or so.

Badbark
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd
have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel laureate physicist

On 24 Mar 2005 12:18:02 -0800, "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
>announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
>the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
>details about a USA release.
>
>See post number 15 in this thread:
>http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378
>
>They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
>hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!

If it will be as good as the first two I may even take up German!

Badbark wrote:
> Here's where you can find all the neccessary info about the
> transalation mod. -
>
> http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105121
>
> I've just finished Night of the Raven with the transalation mod
> installed. It does indeed make the game even better. Be warned though,
> with the addon installed most of the enemy are much harder, the Orc
> Elite kick major ass! Although, the addon itself is quite easy if you
> go in at a high enough level. I waited until the last possible moment
> and entered at about level 25 and nothing much could touch me. I'd
> recommend entering at about level 15 or so.

Like the Orc Elite were ever easy! Gothic 2 was tough, especially in
the that area!!! I loved the game and can't wait for 3...

Josh Mayfield wrote:

> Yeah- Gothic 2 Gold is it. It's Gothic II plus Night of the Raven in
> one box. I got it from this place (links directly to the game page).
> Very helpful folks.
>
> http://www.rollenspiel-shop.de/infoart.php?artno=JOW00006

Dang, there's also a "Gothic II Gold Limited" edition which includes a
poster and soundtrack CD, and the brand new "Gothic II Collector's
Edition" which throws in the original Gothic I!!!

http://www.piranha-bytes.com/order/order_online_new.php?id=138

Hey Josh, thanks for the info !
I was just ready to sell Gothic II ! , guess I'll keep it in hopes
of having the english expansion , Night of the Raven soon.....

Looking forward to Gothic III .....

joe

knight37 wrote:

> "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > For those of you who haven't heard, a JoWood representative just
> > announced that an English version of the Gothic II expansion, Night of
> > the Raven will be released in the UK in a few weeks. He gave no
> > details about a USA release.
> >
> > See post number 15 in this thread:
> > http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=33378
> >
> > They've apparently changed publishers, at least for Europe. Here's
> > hoping Gothic III will have an official English version as well!
>
> Ooh, well as long as it gets an English release, I guess it could be
> imported.
<end quote>

no! no! don't say anything about importing games! it's a hush-hush word! soon
someone-whose-name-should-not-be-spoken will start telling you that you should
always support your local game vendor, because it's the very first of the
1,000,000 commandment of PC gamers!

"Aaaaah yourself!.....Uh, oh-o!"
-Serious 'Second Encounter' Sam-

I found I can run the user-made quests/levels made for GOTHIC one (1st one)
in the demo version of GOTHIC 1 ..
Perhaps the same trick will work for NOFTR in GOTHIC II demo which has just
had an english lang release...(now I see y they did that)..
Luv Mouse
@@@@@