v551 ringer settings changing while charger plugged in?

Tags:
  • Motorola
Last response: in Brands
August 3, 2005 12:51:56 PM

Hi group, forgive me if this has been asked & answered before, but I've searched
and can't find the answer.

I just got a Motorola v551 yesterday and will probably be playing with the
different settings for a long time to come.

But I'm aggravated by the fact that after finally figuring out how to set the
ringer settings, and getting them set up on "Vibe & Ring" where I want them,
every time I plug the charger in, it automatically changes to "Loud." Even if I
if I unplug it and plug it back in, it goes back to "Loud."

Any way to keep it on "Vibe & Ring" full-time?

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"

More about : v551 ringer settings changing charger plugged

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:51:36 PM

Thats a normal moto thing when plugging in the wall charger, probably the
same for the car charger, but I dont recall.
"H.B. Elkins" <hbelkins@mis.net.restrictorplate> wrote in message
news:D cqp6s02d2l@drn.newsguy.com...
Hi group, forgive me if this has been asked & answered before, but I've
searched
and can't find the answer.

I just got a Motorola v551 yesterday and will probably be playing with the
different settings for a long time to come.

But I'm aggravated by the fact that after finally figuring out how to set
the
ringer settings, and getting them set up on "Vibe & Ring" where I want them,
every time I plug the charger in, it automatically changes to "Loud." Even
if I
in,
if I unplug it and plug it back in, it goes back to "Loud."

Any way to keep it on "Vibe & Ring" full-time?

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:56:28 PM

H.B. Elkins <hbelkins@mis.net.restrictorplate> wrote:
> every time I plug the charger in, it automatically changes to "Loud."

That doesn't happen to me _every_ time, but it happens a lot.
This is with a V551 and the included "travel charger".

--
---
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Yes, plug in the charger, any charger and the phone reverts to the LOUD ring
type.
Why? Say you have it in a low volume setting such as 3, then plug it in a
charger, walk away and you'd miss the call. Or with Vibe, you might miss
the call. Don't like that? Then set the LOUD style to the same ring style
type as you had when the charger isn't plugged in. You can even set the
LOUD type to a silent type. Think of LOUD or VIBE and RING as the category
and then the ring style as the setting.

With the headset, when its plugged in, the flip is designed to not cancel
the call. In case you want to put the phone in your pocket.

--
Steve
"CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Thats a normal moto thing when plugging in the wall charger, probably the
> same for the car charger, but I dont recall.
> "H.B. Elkins" <hbelkins@mis.net.restrictorplate> wrote in message
> news:D cqp6s02d2l@drn.newsguy.com...
> Hi group, forgive me if this has been asked & answered before, but I've
> searched
> and can't find the answer.
>
> I just got a Motorola v551 yesterday and will probably be playing with the
> different settings for a long time to come.
>
> But I'm aggravated by the fact that after finally figuring out how to set
> the
> ringer settings, and getting them set up on "Vibe & Ring" where I want
> them,
> every time I plug the charger in, it automatically changes to "Loud." Even
> if I
> plugged
> in,
> if I unplug it and plug it back in, it goes back to "Loud."
>
> Any way to keep it on "Vibe & Ring" full-time?
>

> --
> To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:10:30 AM

Steve <nr4p@nojunkearthlink.net> wrote:
> With the headset, when its plugged in, the flip is designed to not cancel
> the call. In case you want to put the phone in your pocket.

That's handy enough, but I would expect the "smart button" to end the call.
I have to open the lid and press the end button.

---