Where is Live Update (mobile phone tools)?

I have installed Mobile Phone Tools version 3.11. I cannot find this
Live Update feature that everyone mentions. Under Menu>Setup there is
only an option for General Setup and New Phone. There is an Update
option under Help, but it just connects to a web page that tries to
sell you something. Am I totally overlooking something?
8
answers
Last reply
More about where live update mobile phone tools

    It is seriously amazing what a google groups search can net you these days.
    Not last week I believe it was I and others posted how to update MPT.

    On 3 Aug 2005 22:47:15 -0700, "flatline" <chriswbeavers@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >I have installed Mobile Phone Tools version 3.11. I cannot find this
    >Live Update feature that everyone mentions. Under Menu>Setup there is
    >only an option for General Setup and New Phone. There is an Update
    >option under Help, but it just connects to a web page that tries to
    >sell you something. Am I totally overlooking something?

    I am using 3.25b with a V551. Live update is listed under Setup. It
    was there even with earlier versions of MPT. Maybe it would help to
    reinstall it.

    "flatline" <chriswbeavers@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed Mobile Phone Tools version 3.11. I cannot find this
    > Live Update feature that everyone mentions. Under Menu>Setup there is
    > only an option for General Setup and New Phone. There is an Update
    > option under Help, but it just connects to a web page that tries to
    > sell you something. Am I totally overlooking something?

    There is an illegal copy of MPT 3.11 available on the web. If that's what
    you installed, don't complain, you didn't pay for it, the rest of us did

    "Ken Eitenmiller" <kge1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    "flatline" <chriswbeavers@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed Mobile Phone Tools version 3.11. I cannot find this
    > Live Update feature that everyone mentions. Under Menu>Setup there is
    > only an option for General Setup and New Phone. There is an Update
    > option under Help, but it just connects to a web page that tries to
    > sell you something. Am I totally overlooking something?

    <There is an illegal copy of MPT 3.11 available on the web. If that's what
    <you installed, don't complain, you didn't pay for it, the rest of us did

    They are all over the place ~_^
    And each should have an update feature, but maybe he downloaded some kind of
    demo version?
  5. when live update runs, where does it put the file, and can i copy it to cd for installing, it is a pain no matter where, to install and live update with each install? thanks,, tech support didnt help...
  6. thats wrenchman55 at gmail dot com
  7. try checking your drive c: documents and settings, select your name as a user and click tools and select folder options, view all hidden files, you will then be directed to a temporary file, you can check the updates there and right click the file, select properties, unmark hidden and the file will not be hidden anymore, that way you can copy it to cd or to another harddrive.
    hope i helped you out...
  8. to everyone, i think, that version was already replaced by motorola phone tools...

Motorola Mobile Phones