V3 and sonorization mode

Hello there,

Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Fab
6 answers Last reply
More about sonorization mode

    Nope, this happens on all motorola phones, hopefully they will fix this
    in future releases.

    --
    siempre fresco

    "Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    >
    > Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
    > on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
    > mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?

    No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets (not
    just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
    vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

    >"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
    >> Hello there,
    >>
    >> Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
    >> on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
    >> mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?
    >
    >No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets (not
    >just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
    >vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.

    That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
    wouldn't wake a fly.

    "bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    > <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
    >>> Hello there,
    >>>
    >>> Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my
    >>> phone
    >>> on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the
    >>> ring
    >>> mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?
    >>
    >>No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets
    >>(not
    >>just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
    >>vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.
    >

    > That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
    > wouldn't wake a fly.

    There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
    was one of the strongest I've experienced.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
    <<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>
    <<< www.gsm-solutions.co.uk >>>

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:32:29 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

    >"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    >> <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message

    >>>No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets
    >>>(not
    >>>just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
    >>>vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.
    >>

    >> That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
    >> wouldn't wake a fly.
    >
    >There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
    >was one of the strongest I've experienced.

    Must be a lot of bad ones out there, except yours of course.

    http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7624

    > On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:32:29 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    > <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message

    >>> That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
    >>> wouldn't wake a fly.
    >>
    >>There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
    >>was one of the strongest I've experienced.
    >

    > Must be a lot of bad ones out there, except yours of course.

    Possibly, but I can only speak from experience.

    > http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7624

    I count three in that thread. How many V3's have been sold?

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
    <<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>