V3 and sonorization mode

Last response: in Brands
August 4, 2005 8:50:58 PM

Hello there,

Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Fab

More about : sonorization mode

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:50:59 PM

Nope, this happens on all motorola phones, hopefully they will fix this
in future releases.

--
siempre fresco
August 5, 2005 3:35:49 AM

"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
> on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
> mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?

No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets (not
just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.

--
<<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
<<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
<webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

>"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
>> Hello there,
>>
>> Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my phone
>> on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the ring
>> mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?
>
>No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets (not
>just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
>vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.

That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
wouldn't wake a fly.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:32:29 PM

"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
> <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
>

>>"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> Just a quick question about the V3 sonorization mode. When I plug my
>>> phone
>>> on AC power, to get the battery charged, the phone changes itself the
>>> ring
>>> mode. Is there a way to not change mode when plugging the phone?
>>
>>No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets
>>(not
>>just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
>>vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.
>

> That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
> wouldn't wake a fly.

There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
was one of the strongest I've experienced.

--
<<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
<<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
<<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>
<<< www.gsm-solutions.co.uk >>>
August 5, 2005 11:32:30 PM

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:32:29 GMT, "Richard Colton"
<webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

>"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:35:49 GMT, "Richard Colton"
>> <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>"Fab" <pasdespam> wrote in message

>>>No, it's a safety feature. Vibrate is disabled on all current handsets
>>>(not
>>>just Moto's) that I can think of whilst they're charging to prevent them
>>>vibrating themselves off the surface they're placed on whilst charging.
>>

>> That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
>> wouldn't wake a fly.
>
>There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
>was one of the strongest I've experienced.

Must be a lot of bad ones out there, except yours of course.

http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7624
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:21:47 PM

> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:32:29 GMT, "Richard Colton"
> <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:
>

>>"bg" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> That's one thing you don't have to worry about in the V3. It's vibrator
>>> wouldn't wake a fly.
>>
>>There must be something wrong with yours then. The vibra function on mine
>>was one of the strongest I've experienced.
>

> Must be a lot of bad ones out there, except yours of course.

Possibly, but I can only speak from experience.

> http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7624

I count three in that thread. How many V3's have been sold?

--
!