Unidentified Network Problem

Rene360

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I currently have Comcast Internet. I'm using a modem to router setup. I have two devices connected to the router: 1) My table PC wireless (Ethernet Port seems to be broken) and 2) My Xbox 360 Wired. They usually work fine except for a few rare occasions in which I get disconnected from Xbox Live due to my router not being able to respond to "ICMP responses" or whatever that means. Today I tried to connect another computer using a CAT-6 50ft. long cable. It did not work. My network is being labeled as "Unidentified" and "Public" furthermore my router is assigning that computer an incorrect IP Address (169.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of 192.xxx.xxx.xxx). I have tried any possible solution out there (changing TCP/IP settings to default, messing with the router's settings, assigning a manual IP Config., uninstalling Bounjour, anything that you can think of, etc.) and since then I'm having problems connecting wireless with the computer I used to have connected. Even though my modem seems to be online Network Troubleshoot shows a problem connecting to the Internet. I went to my router's settings and it detects my Xbox and first computer when they are connected but not my second computer. Just to make it clear, the light on the wired port corresponding to that computer is on but the computer doesn't show up on the router's connected devices list and that computer detects my network as unidentified. I read somewhere that this would be most likely due to the inabilty of the router to provide DHCP Settings correctly and that I should just buy a new router. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.