Vampire: Bloodlines - - Main character choice?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 28, 2005 11:39:51 AM

Hi
Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
black guy... can i change that?
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 1:37:13 PM

stace@1dot.net wrote:

> Hi
> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
> black guy... can i change that?

Ya, but you have to start over. You still only have a somewhat limited
choice, but at least you sorta get what you want...
March 28, 2005 1:54:54 PM

On 2005-03-28, stace@1dot.net <stace@1dot.net> wrote:
> Hi
> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
> black guy... can i change that?

Yes, just pick the character detailed selection instead of the
lame watered down questionnaire.
March 28, 2005 7:51:59 PM

stace@1dot.net wrote:

> Hi
> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
> black guy... can i change that?

yes but only at the start, if you have already started the game then
your stuck.
at the start just pick manual charactor setup.

--
DalienX
Anonymous

Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
> Hi
> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
> black guy... can i change that?

the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her before I
read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at vampireplanet.com
though. of course you have no idea what she is saying most of the time and
traffic lights argue with her.

--
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That
way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
March 29, 2005 10:56:57 AM

On 2005-03-28, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
> Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
> 1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
>> Hi
>> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
>> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
>> black guy... can i change that?
>
> the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her before I
> read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at vampireplanet.com
> though. of course you have no idea what she is saying most of the time and
> traffic lights argue with her.

Malks are an acquired taste. They do have some precongnition and
you need to take some time to get used to the way they talk. Some
hilarious dialogue though. They also have the Dementia power
which is super useful when you want someone you're talking to go
to go insane.

I find I prefer to play a Ventrue though. With Fortitude at +3
you become practically invulnerable to gun fire with Blood Buff
on (stamina min 5).

I'm currently replaying the game slowly with a Tremere female and
it's been fun using Purge to make people vomit blood :)
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:56:58 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:09 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>On 2005-03-28, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>> Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
>> 1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
>>> Hi
>>> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan you
>>> are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks like a
>>> black guy... can i change that?
>>
>> the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her before I
>> read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at vampireplanet.com
>> though. of course you have no idea what she is saying most of the time and
>> traffic lights argue with her.
>>

>Malks are an acquired taste. They do have some precongnition and
>you need to take some time to get used to the way they talk. Some
>hilarious dialogue though. They also have the Dementia power
>which is super useful when you want someone you're talking to go
>to go insane.
>
>I find I prefer to play a Ventrue though. With Fortitude at +3
>you become practically invulnerable to gun fire with Blood Buff
>on (stamina min 5).

I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
with anything, even those eastern demons.

>I'm currently replaying the game slowly with a Tremere female and
>it's been fun using Purge to make people vomit blood :)

March 29, 2005 10:56:59 AM

On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
> with anything, even those eastern demons.

Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
from there.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:56:59 AM

Memnoch wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:09 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>

>>On 2005-03-28, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
>>>1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com

>>>the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her before I
>>>read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at vampireplanet.com
>>>though. of course you have no idea what she is saying most of the time and
>>>traffic lights argue with her.
>>>

>>Malks are an acquired taste. They do have some precongnition and
>>you need to take some time to get used to the way they talk. Some
>>hilarious dialogue though. They also have the Dementia power
>>which is super useful when you want someone you're talking to go
>>to go insane.
>>
>>I find I prefer to play a Ventrue though. With Fortitude at +3
>>you become practically invulnerable to gun fire with Blood Buff
>>on (stamina min 5).
>

> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
> with anything, even those eastern demons.

My Toreador can really put out a pounding with a Katana and Leather
Armor. I breezed through the "twins" ;-)

I've run into something weird though...I never got the apartment in
Downtown...Is there something you have to trigger that I missed this
time around?
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:57:00 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:15:08 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
>> with anything, even those eastern demons.
>
>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>from there.

Pffft. Just like getting a light sabre in the SW games, getting the magic
katana is *the* weapon in VTM:B.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:15:08 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
>> with anything, even those eastern demons.
>
>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>from there.

The bushwhacker is a bloody great bladed weapon. Looks a bit like a Kukri
knife on the end of a pole. I got it from the black dude selling stuff from
his truck. I never once used Firearms for real. I tried that assault shotgun
thing out with maxed Firearms, thought "Yeah, thats nice" and went back to my
Bushwhacker.
March 29, 2005 4:26:45 PM

On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:15:08 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
>>> with anything, even those eastern demons.
>>
>>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>>from there.
>
> The bushwhacker is a bloody great bladed weapon. Looks a bit like a Kukri
> knife on the end of a pole. I got it from the black dude selling stuff from
> his truck. I never once used Firearms for real. I tried that assault shotgun
> thing out with maxed Firearms, thought "Yeah, thats nice" and went back to my
> Bushwhacker.

I think I know what you're talking about now. I'll have to give
it a try. Aside from the katana I always just used the fireaxe
which you can also get from the weapons dealer downtown. The
"silent kill" with the fireaxe is anything but subtle.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 4:26:45 PM

Memnoch wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:15:08 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>

>>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
>>>with anything, even those eastern demons.
>>
>>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>
>>from there.
>
> The bushwhacker is a bloody great bladed weapon. Looks a bit like a Kukri
> knife on the end of a pole. I got it from the black dude selling stuff from
> his truck. I never once used Firearms for real. I tried that assault shotgun
> thing out with maxed Firearms, thought "Yeah, thats nice" and went back to my
> Bushwhacker.

hmmmmm...I'll have to go pick one up. It is better than the Katana?
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 4:27:16 PM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:46:41 -0600, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:15:08 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe to toe
>>> with anything, even those eastern demons.
>>
>>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>>from there.
>
>Pffft. Just like getting a light sabre in the SW games, getting the magic
>katana is *the* weapon in VTM:B.

Never saw that. Oh, and Pfft....
March 29, 2005 4:27:17 PM

On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>Pffft. Just like getting a light sabre in the SW games, getting the magic
>>katana is *the* weapon in VTM:B.
>
> Never saw that. Oh, and Pfft....

Unless you never went to china town or never fought any of the
eastern wraiths there. They all use katanas.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:54:11 PM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:22:50 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>On 2005-03-29, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>>Pffft. Just like getting a light sabre in the SW games, getting the magic
>>>katana is *the* weapon in VTM:B.
>>
>> Never saw that. Oh, and Pfft....
>
>Unless you never went to china town or never fought any of the
>eastern wraiths there. They all use katanas.

I did and had an ordinary Katana but never found a magical one. I only read
about that after I finished the game as Ventrue. I never found a compelling
reason to play through the game again as another character to be honest.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:38:37 AM

Quoth The Raven "shadows"<shadows@whitefang.com> in
slrnd4h39u.12mt.shadows@helena.whitefang.com
> On 2005-03-28, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>> Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
>> 1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
>>> Hi
>>> Does the main character look any different depending on which clan
>>> you are in? I answered the questions and ended up with what looks
>>> like a black guy... can i change that?
>>
>> the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her
>> before I read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at
>> vampireplanet.com though. of course you have no idea what she is
>> saying most of the time and traffic lights argue with her.
>>

> Malks are an acquired taste. They do have some precongnition and
> you need to take some time to get used to the way they talk. Some
> hilarious dialogue though. They also have the Dementia power
> which is super useful when you want someone you're talking to go
> to go insane.
>
> I find I prefer to play a Ventrue though. With Fortitude at +3
> you become practically invulnerable to gun fire with Blood Buff
> on (stamina min 5).
>
> I'm currently replaying the game slowly with a Tremere female and
> it's been fun using Purge to make people vomit blood :)

as a toreador chic I bit some plague vamps and I vomited blood for ages, it
got me killed. hilarious stuff.

--
The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored,
because you have all kinds of things that you should be doing.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
March 30, 2005 12:38:38 AM

On 2005-03-29, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> as a toreador chic I bit some plague vamps and I vomited blood for ages, it
> got me killed. hilarious stuff.

I was actually smart enough to NEVER try that, heh :)
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:38:38 AM

Highlandish wrote:

>>I'm currently replaying the game slowly with a Tremere female and
>>it's been fun using Purge to make people vomit blood :)
> as a toreador chic I bit some plague vamps and I vomited blood for ages, it
> got me killed. hilarious stuff.

Ug. The plague vamps...you really had to bring in the O+ to get through
that stuff...Had I known that section would have been a lot easier!
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:39:56 AM

Quoth The Raven "Memnoch"<memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
in eh7h41dgmsajk967he4vc2o3u106t3tpka@4ax.com
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:09 -0600, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On 2005-03-28, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>>> Quoth The Raven "stace@1dot.net"<stace@1dot.net> in
>>> 1112024391.054211.20810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
>>>
>>> the most popular choices seem to be the toreador chic, I picked her
>>> before I read any reviews. the malakavian chic gets more mods at
>>> vampireplanet.com though. of course you have no idea what she is
>>> saying most of the time and traffic lights argue with her.
>>>

>>Malks are an acquired taste. They do have some precongnition and
>>you need to take some time to get used to the way they talk. Some
>>hilarious dialogue though. They also have the Dementia power
>>which is super useful when you want someone you're talking to go
>>to go insane.
>>
>>I find I prefer to play a Ventrue though. With Fortitude at +3
>>you become practically invulnerable to gun fire with Blood Buff
>>on (stamina min 5).
>
> I found this as Ventrue. Armed with a bushwhacker I could stand toe
> to toe with anything, even those eastern demons.

the bushwhacker is awesome! most critters just need one wack to kill now.

--
Some people can't tell a lie, others can't tell the truth, and others
can't tell the difference.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:09:48 AM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:37:27 -0700, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Memnoch wrote:

>>>Is that the Uzi like weapon? I found all firearms incredibly weak
>>>in the game. Also the need to go into FPS mode wasn't cool at
>>>all. They should just let you make your character face the enemy
>>>and pull the trigger. The aim should be based on your ranged feat
>>
>>>from there.
>>
>> The bushwhacker is a bloody great bladed weapon. Looks a bit like a Kukri
>> knife on the end of a pole. I got it from the black dude selling stuff from
>> his truck. I never once used Firearms for real. I tried that assault shotgun
>> thing out with maxed Firearms, thought "Yeah, thats nice" and went back to my
>> Bushwhacker.
>
>hmmmmm...I'll have to go pick one up. It is better than the Katana?

Yes, but not better than the magical one apparently. Anyone have any stats to
show how much better it is than the bushwhacker?
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:58:44 AM

Quoth The Raven "James Garvin"<jgarvin2004@comcast.net> in
0f2dneMF8OLKEdTfRVn-jQ@comcast.com
> Highlandish wrote:
>
>>>I'm currently replaying the game slowly with a Tremere female and
>>>it's been fun using Purge to make people vomit blood :)
>> as a toreador chic I bit some plague vamps and I vomited blood for
>> ages, it got me killed. hilarious stuff.
>
> Ug. The plague vamps...you really had to bring in the O+ to get
> through that stuff...Had I known that section would have been a lot
> easier!

I was desperate for healing blood, I rescued lily earlier and didn't replace
her, so I couldn't get too much blood packs to tide me over. I once read on
the map change screens that vamps have better blood, so I bit one.

--
Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
March 30, 2005 10:21:10 PM

On 2005-03-29, Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> I was desperate for healing blood, I rescued lily earlier and didn't replace
> her, so I couldn't get too much blood packs to tide me over. I once read on
> the map change screens that vamps have better blood, so I bit one.

I only really used blood packs in boss fights. I suggest casting
Blood Buff and feeding in combat with it on. The min 5 strength
gives you +5 to your brawling abilities.
!