Unable to connect to WIFI.

hellokitty123

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys,

So i've never had any problems with my wifi until a couple of days ago. It randomly was unable to connect to my home wifi. I tried googling and searching for answers, but they didn't help. All the devices that uses this wifi is unable to connect to it aswell.

I dont know if this info is irrelevant, but under adapter settings, I see 5 different ones.
1. Local Area Connection
2. Local Area connection 2
3. Local Area Connection 3
4. Wireless Network Connection (Attempting to authenticate)
5. Wireless Network Connection 2 (Not connected)

Whenever I disable local area connections 2&3, It says that connections are avliable. So when I try connecting to my the wifi, it says "Unable to connect to ********".

Also, when it is enabled, I get a Unidentified Network with no network access. Local area connection 2&3 are also under this unidentified network.

My internet is working perfectly fine, it's just the wifi thats having problems!

Any help is greatly appreciated! : )

**Also, I am using windows 7, with a d-link DIR-615, and a speedstream.

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You pretty much need to unplug ethernet cables if you are trying to use wifi. Most machine prefer the Ethernet over wireless even if the Ethernet is plugged into something that does not get internet.

Your wireless error appears to be a security key issue. You need to verify your password you used. Also be sure you are using a unique SSID, a lot of people leave them on LINKSYS or whatever and you may be trying to connect to a neighbors router and not yours.