  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
January 10, 2005 12:34:12 AM

anybody know what that mic was that Gene Rayburn used on "The Match Game"?
Thanks,
Greg
orange@the-spa.com

More about : game show mic question

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:35:05 AM

orange wrote:
> anybody know what that mic was that Gene Rayburn used on "The Match Game"?
> Thanks,
> Greg
> orange@the-spa.com

Sony ECM-51

John Noll
Retromedia Sound Studios
Red Bank, NJ

jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net
http://www.retromedia.net
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:35:06 AM

"John Noll" <jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net> wrote in message
> orange wrote:
>> anybody know what that mic was that Gene Rayburn used on "The Match
>> Game"?
>> Thanks,
>> Greg
>> orange@the-spa.com
>

> Sony ECM-51

Gene Rayburn would be proud.
January 10, 2005 2:11:13 PM

I actually thought of trying to be the new host and re-start
Match-Game. It'd be a hit. Same cheesy set etc.
Aaron Householter
studio1117
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:04:21 PM

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "John Noll" <jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>> orange wrote:
>>
>>> anybody know what that mic was that Gene Rayburn used on "The Match
>>> Game"?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Greg
>>> orange@the-spa.com
>>

>> Sony ECM-51
>

> Gene Rayburn would be proud.

Believe it or not there are some people out there who
are very infatuated with this TV show and will pay top
dollar for one of these mics.

John Noll
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:04:22 PM

John Noll <jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net> wrote:
>Richard Crowley wrote:
>>
>> "John Noll" <jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Sony ECM-51
>>
>> Gene Rayburn would be proud.
>
>Believe it or not there are some people out there who
>are very infatuated with this TV show and will pay top
>dollar for one of these mics.

I have not watched any TV game shows in many years, but what I have seen
mostly used the various Shure handheld omnis as presenters' microphones.
Sadly, most of those mikes went away when Shure cleaned their catalogue
out a decade ago.

Occasionally some of the American mikes turned up.
--scott
September 24, 2011 8:59:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
!