stuck in Vampire: Bloodlines

Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I'm in Hollywood doing the network hub quests for mitnick the nostferatu
hacker, I just completed the metalhead industries quest and when I wanted to
get into the taxi to go downtown.

the taxi driver dialogue box comes up with "where to?" but no selections at
all to select, I reload the game and attempt again to no avail, and entering
any dialogue with any NPC gives the same problem, I am not given any options
to select, and I cant exit without reloading the game.

this is a game stopper as I cant get into a taxi to progress.

--
MISSING: Tagline, 70 characters long, last seen in Nevada.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Highlandish wrote:
> this is a game stopper as I cant get into a taxi to progress.

AFAIR you can also get to other zones through the sewers: maybe if you
switch to another zone that way then the taxi code will sort itself
out.

Mark

Highlandish wrote:

> I'm in Hollywood doing the network hub quests for mitnick the nostferatu
> hacker, I just completed the metalhead industries quest and when I wanted to
> get into the taxi to go downtown.
>
> the taxi driver dialogue box comes up with "where to?" but no selections at
> all to select, I reload the game and attempt again to no avail, and entering
> any dialogue with any NPC gives the same problem, I am not given any options
> to select, and I cant exit without reloading the game.

After you talk to the Taxi Driver try pressing the space bar and see if
the choices come up. If they don't try pressing 1 to see if it is just
(hidden). This has happened to me a couple of times and the space bar
trick seems to clear it up.

Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Quoth The Raven "James Garvin"<jgarvin2004@comcast.net> in
PuydnW66xpNRTdffRVn-1Q@comcast.com
> Highlandish wrote:
>
>> I'm in Hollywood doing the network hub quests for mitnick the
>> nostferatu hacker, I just completed the metalhead industries quest
>> and when I wanted to get into the taxi to go downtown.
>>
>> the taxi driver dialogue box comes up with "where to?" but no
>> selections at all to select, I reload the game and attempt again to
>> no avail, and entering any dialogue with any NPC gives the same
>> problem, I am not given any options to select, and I cant exit
>> without reloading the game.
>
> After you talk to the Taxi Driver try pressing the space bar and see
> if the choices come up. If they don't try pressing 1 to see if it is
> just (hidden). This has happened to me a couple of times and the
> space bar trick seems to clear it up.

yeah I tried all the keys before I posted. I will try the sewer route
instead

--
I love cats ... they taste just like chicken

Quoth The Raven "mmaker@my-deja.com"<mmaker@my-deja.com> in
1112184090.042828.229980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com
> Highlandish wrote:
>> this is a game stopper as I cant get into a taxi to progress.
>
> AFAIR you can also get to other zones through the sewers: maybe if you
> switch to another zone that way then the taxi code will sort itself
> out.
>
> Mark

thanks, i'll try that

--
Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the
mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Do you have the latest patch ? filename vtmb_1_2.exe
'sposed to solve many probs..
Luv mouse
@@@@@@@