Sign in with
Your question

Why is it that whenever I have an automatic upgrade scan-it never removes itself

Last response: in Windows 7
June 5, 2012 3:56:37 PM

why is it that whenever I have an automatic upgrade scan-it never removes itself from the safe mode when finished and

Inlocks my desktop icons by removed the check marks for align icons to grid, auto align and changes the size of my icons.

What is wrong here?
a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2012 1:53:42 PM

davasva said:
why is it that whenever I have an automatic upgrade scan-it never removes itself from the safe mode when finished and

Inlocks my desktop icons by removed the check marks for align icons to grid, auto align and changes the size of my icons.

What is wrong here?

IS scan-it your security AV malware APP ? - If so, I would replace it
m
l
June 7, 2012 2:01:15 PM

davasva said:
What is wrong here?

I'll tell you what's wrong. Go get a decent Anti-Virus software instead of some unknown pos like the one on your system now.
m
l
June 8, 2012 4:23:20 PM

I uninstalled Microsoft Platinum Security and installed AVG--I stlll have the same problem with my desktop cons
m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 4:26:09 PM

There is no such product as MS Platinum Security, you have a virus and/or spyware. Install Malwarebytes, run that in a Full Scan.
m
l
June 9, 2012 9:16:40 PM

hang-the-9 said:
There is no such product as MS Platinum Security, you have a virus and/or spyware. Install Malwarebytes, run that in a Full Scan.

Thanks--
I've uninstalled MS Platinum Security. Installed AVG to run a full scan. All viruses, trojans, malwares have been remove.
But, I am still having the same trouble with my desktop icons. Every time I reboot, the check marks return on align to grid and my small icons return to medium icons on reboot which reboots to the safe mode. I've even gone to Control panel and changed my user ID-all to no avail.

I don't know what else I can do.

m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 1:46:38 PM

Try running a Windows Repair setup. Seems like the virus messed around with registry permissions. Anti-virus software can't fix the damage the virus already did, it can only remove it.

Better yet, backup your data and settings and run a full Windows setup from scratch. Or get a new hard-drive and do that to ensure you don't loose any data by accident.
m
l
!