G

I've been having some trouble with my sound ever since I bought my computer. At first I had a Sound Blaster Live Value, and I thought my speakers were blown out. (I had an integrated sound card AC-97, but iwas disabled)So I bought the Audigy and New Altec Lansing speakers. Still sounds bad, mabye even worse. Also I can't play Max Payne, it crashes while loading unless I turn off sound. But let me describe the bad sound. Sometimes if theres a lot of bass in the music, it gets kinda staticy and cracks, if theres bass but not alot, for example a bass drumb sounds more like somebody playing bongos. Every once in a while my sound will crackle. I tried using my AC'97 integrated sound card once, but the thing didn't have any bass at all, even if I turned it up the entire way it had almost no bass, it was all treble. The only upside of using the integrated soundcard was I could use max payne. I'm thinking it has something to do with the integrated sound card interfering mabye with irq address or something because i've changed both speakers and sound card and it still sounds bad. I've also tried the speakers out on my other computer and it sounds fine, and I've tried the songs out on my other computer, and they sound fine too. I have no idea what the problem is and I'd be very glad to get any help. Also, I've updated the drivers for the Audigy soundcard.

G

I have a:
Soltek SL-75DRV2 - VIA KT-266 A Northbridge and a
VT8233 southbridge
radeon 7500
western digital 60gb 7200rpm ata100
1.2ghz amd tbird
sound blaster audigy
256mb of ddr266
NIC

There it is, if you need any other information, just ask.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It sounds to me like your soundcard is putting out too high a sound level at the output, try turning down the windows volume controll instead of the speakers!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

G

Thanks, that helped a lot, but it still sounds bad. The static that occured when there is a lot of bass is gone now, but bass still sounds like your playing bongos. Any other ideas?