Dark and Light: Release pushed back to November 2005

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

The only MMO I'm looking forward to is "Dark & Light" and it's
been pushed back to November 2005. From what I've read from beta
testers who posted on other sites the game isn't coming along too
well even though its design goals seem promising to me.

In any case the press release cites technical reasons for doing
this. I think that's a good sign. The development team recognizes
that they have issues and want to work them out unlike "Saga of
Ryzom" which was released in a horrible state.

Press release:

http://www.darkandlight.net/article.php3?id_article=616

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

> The only MMO I'm looking forward to is "Dark & Light" and it's been
> pushed back to November 2005. From what I've read from beta testers
> who posted on other sites the game isn't coming along too well even
> though its design goals seem promising to me.

I wish one of these smaller MMOGs actually come to release (most die
before that - Dawn, Dragon Realms are examples), so that we could
point at them for those criticizing WoW's excellent launch over of the
overload.

Rubies of Eventide is dead-ish, Saga of Ryzom is struggling,
Shadowbane is left with a frozen hardcore playerbase, WW2 Online much
the same, Earth & Beyond was cancelled (and that had mighty EA behind
it). Even Matrix Online launched with little fanfare, and I haven't
heard anyone playing or discussing it much post-launch compared to
pre-launch. Even the once mighty Everquest flails against the might of
WoW, having recently announced yet another server merge.

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> The only MMO I'm looking forward to is "Dark & Light"

Why?

this game will flop hard, like WISH and all the others

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-03, Joiner <joiner@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
>> The only MMO I'm looking forward to is "Dark & Light"
>
> Why?

It's the only current MMO that has features that stand out from
other games. They're going for the emergent gameplay where
players engage in PvP or craft to support PvP. SWG had this for a
long while but it's slowly going downhill for SWG since they're
becoming more like WoW.

> this game will flop hard, like WISH and all the others

I hope not. There has to be room for an MMO that isn't a string
of instanced quests.