HF850 doesn't MUTE car radio

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 8, 2005 7:55:46 AM

Hi All.

I have just installed an HF850, but it wont mute the radio when
receiving or making a call.

This kit replaced a "wired" motorola car kit that did mute the radio.

Anyone have any ideas or the same issues?

Thanks,
Robert

More about : hf850 mute car radio

May 3, 2006 11:30:34 PM

Hello,

I am experiencing the EXACT same scenario.

It's funny.. you are seeing the same thing I am currently having a problem with TODAY.

eg:
- I have a Pioneer deck
- I have the HF850 (bluetooth)
- I am replacing a wired handsfree kit (Motorola also) which the mute function worked flawlessly (just yesterday).

In my research all I have found is your post (with no reply) and I have learned that (just like the wired handsfree kit) is not a user selectable option on the HF850. IT IS JUST SUPPOSED TO WORK.

So... is my HF850 defective.. or has Motorola changed the signal type and I need to put a relay or converter kit on the Mute/Entertainment wire?

Also, robear, since this issue you were having is about 7 months ago, have you came up with a solution?

Thanks all!
sculf
!