Help locking computer

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Hi I need a way to lock my computer without affecting any programs. I have programs running that access the mouse and keyboard functions. When I lock my computer, it disables the desktop access to these and breaks the programs. Is there any way to get around this in windows or maybe a program that will allow me to lock my computer without leaving the desktop?

Solution
Hello,

You could try running the program(s) as a service. However that may require some work to get done.

Have you tried using the "switch user" feature to see if it works that way? You could switch to a user that has no access to anything.

What program are you trying to keep running while locked?
Hello,

You could try running the program(s) as a service. However that may require some work to get done.

Have you tried using the "switch user" feature to see if it works that way? You could switch to a user that has no access to anything.

What program are you trying to keep running while locked?

Solution

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Actually I found a nice program called ClearLock. It works great at keeping downloads and programs running while keeping little siblings away. (It can easily be overriden with a ctrl alt del -> start task manager. ctrl-shift-esc doesnt work.)

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
One warning though, it does appear as a malicious file to a lot of virus scanners because of the way that it locks the desktop and basically denies access to other programs.