Sign in with
Your question

Computer Hard Drive

Last response: in Windows 7
June 5, 2012 6:37:45 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know how I can set up windows to back up data to Local Disck (C:)  instead of Recovery (D:) . Since Recovery is only 15 gb, it's full of data and its causing the computer to freeze, web pages not to display properly and I cant install any more programs.

More about : computer hard drive

a b $ Windows 7
June 5, 2012 8:09:37 PM

nickramirez989 said:
Hello,
Does anyone know how I can set up windows to back up data to Local Disck (C:)  instead of Recovery (D:) . Since Recovery is only 15 gb, it's full of data and its causing the computer to freeze, web pages not to display properly and I cant install any more programs.

I think the logic from MS is that it will not let you backup to your C drive as it says... "whats the point?... if you backup to your system drive... and you lose your C drive...you lose your system and the backup". There is some sense to this logic

I dont know if you can override this.. and force it to go to the C drive... but you should think about what you trying to do carefully.

It sounds like your D drive is just a partition on the same physical drive... so again... it could be a bit pointless extending that and backing up to that.

Think about what you trying to achieve... and then come up with a plan.
Cheers
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 5, 2012 8:27:29 PM

As yoji says, best to provide another drive for backup, extending 'D' will get you going meantime, but long term solution (cheapest) is to install an internal drive for backup
m
l
Related resources
!