Computer Hard Drive

Hello,
Does anyone know how I can set up windows to back up data to Local Disck (C:) instead of Recovery (D:). Since Recovery is only 15 gb, it's full of data and its causing the computer to freeze, web pages not to display properly and I cant install any more programs.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer hard drive
  1. Increase the size of 'D' partition. Windows has a disk management tool, but personally i prefer to use Easeus Partition Manager.
    http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html
  2. nickramirez989 said:
    Hello,
    Does anyone know how I can set up windows to back up data to Local Disck (C:) instead of Recovery (D:). Since Recovery is only 15 gb, it's full of data and its causing the computer to freeze, web pages not to display properly and I cant install any more programs.

I think the logic from MS is that it will not let you backup to your C drive as it says... "whats the point?... if you backup to your system drive... and you lose your C drive...you lose your system and the backup". There is some sense to this logic

I dont know if you can override this.. and force it to go to the C drive... but you should think about what you trying to do carefully.

It sounds like your D drive is just a partition on the same physical drive... so again... it could be a bit pointless extending that and backing up to that.

Think about what you trying to achieve... and then come up with a plan.
    Cheers
  3. As yoji says, best to provide another drive for backup, extending 'D' will get you going meantime, but long term solution (cheapest) is to install an internal drive for backup
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Data Recovery Computers Hard Drives Windows 7