Any comments on Motorola V551or RAZR with Cingular?

Last response: in Brands
August 9, 2005 2:47:23 AM

Having been a Cingular customer here in New York for the last 3 years, I
have decided to finally upgrade my and my wife's phones.

After my research, I have narrowed it down to Motorola's V551 or the RAZR.

Can someone please tell me their expereicnes in using these phones,
especially if you are in New York Metro area?

Also, I have been told that Cingular no longer LOCKS their phones.
However, when I asked at the local store here in NY, I was told that they
are sold LOCKED. My brother bought his V400's in Seattle and they were
UNLOCKED. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 2:47:24 AM

a RAZR is like a big blond girl with big tits. understand?

"M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Having been a Cingular customer here in New York for the last 3 years, I
> have decided to finally upgrade my and my wife's phones.
>
> After my research, I have narrowed it down to Motorola's V551 or the RAZR.
>
> Can someone please tell me their expereicnes in using these phones,
> especially if you are in New York Metro area?
>
> Also, I have been told that Cingular no longer LOCKS their phones.
> However, when I asked at the local store here in NY, I was told that they
> are sold LOCKED. My brother bought his V400's in Seattle and they were
> UNLOCKED. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:17:43 AM

In article <%hRJe.190$0d.14@trnddc07>,
M. B. <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:
>Having been a Cingular customer here in New York for the last 3 years, I
>have decided to finally upgrade my and my wife's phones.
>
>After my research, I have narrowed it down to Motorola's V551 or the RAZR.
>
>Can someone please tell me their expereicnes in using these phones,
>especially if you are in New York Metro area?
>
>Also, I have been told that Cingular no longer LOCKS their phones.
>However, when I asked at the local store here in NY, I was told that they
>are sold LOCKED. My brother bought his V400's in Seattle and they were
>UNLOCKED. Any ideas?

See my response to your identical (but, curiously, not cross-posted)
posting in the Cingular newsgroup.
August 9, 2005 5:01:21 AM

I purchased 3 new phones, Dec 2004, from Cingular on a plan extension.
I am located in upstate NY. All 3 phones were unlocked. The Cingular
rep told me they sold their phones unlocked. One went to Europre twice
on different sim cards. Last week I bought a replacement for one of
the phones which was broken, paid full price, no plan etc. I was told
that all Cingular phones are now locked but if I called service and
told them I was leaving the country they would unlock it. I haven't
tried that yet.
Shagnasty

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 22:47:23 GMT, "M. B."
<REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote:

>Having been a Cingular customer here in New York for the last 3 years, I
>have decided to finally upgrade my and my wife's phones.
>
>After my research, I have narrowed it down to Motorola's V551 or the RAZR.
>
>Can someone please tell me their expereicnes in using these phones,
>especially if you are in New York Metro area?
>
>Also, I have been told that Cingular no longer LOCKS their phones.
>However, when I asked at the local store here in NY, I was told that they
>are sold LOCKED. My brother bought his V400's in Seattle and they were
>UNLOCKED. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks!

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:29:23 PM

blank <blank@void.net> wrote:
> RAZR is reasonable, but has a couple very important disadvantages:
> The screen is absolutely impossible to see in the slightest amount of
> direct sunlight, and the earpiece volume adjustment is insufficient.

I have the opposite problem with the speakerphone on the V551. The
increase in volume from the lowest step to the next step is too much. I
would like to lower the maximum speakerphone volume so that the steps
controlled by the volume switch were more usable.

--
---
August 16, 2005 3:34:33 AM

the razr 2 will have everything that the v3 razr should have had. mp
camera, edge, video, transflash, etc, etc

http://tinyurl.com/bqanc

all of us that wanted the v1150 or RAZRv3X or whatever they are calling
it this week, can hang it up. It won't be coming to the us in it's
currect config since our syatems don't support it.

http://tinyurl.com/axvva

--
troyboy30
August 16, 2005 9:49:09 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <troyboy30.1tubky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:34:33
-0500, troyboy30 <troyboy30.1tubky@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>the razr 2 will have everything that the v3 razr should have had. mp
>camera, edge, video, transflash, etc, etc

Small comfort to those that spent big bucks on the V3. Or will there be a
generous trade-in program? ;)  And a display that actually works in sunlight?
;)