vampire bloodlines unofficial patch 1.3

Does anyone have a copy of the unofficial patch 1.3 (vtmbup13.zip)
available anywhere?

After an hour pissing around on fileplanet this morning, I still can't
download it from there.

TIA

Mark P. Nelson

--
While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making the
same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short of

James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

> Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a copy of the unofficial patch 1.3 (vtmbup13.zip)
>> available anywhere?
>>
>> After an hour pissing around on fileplanet this morning, I still
>> can't download it from there.
>
> This link doesn't work?
> http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade
> :-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3

Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?

Mark P. Nelson.

--

Mark P. Nelson wrote:

> James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in
>

>>Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone have a copy of the unofficial patch 1.3 (vtmbup13.zip)
>>>available anywhere?
>>>
>>>After an hour pissing around on fileplanet this morning, I still
>>>can't download it from there.
>>
>>This link doesn't work?
>>http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade
>>:-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3
>>

> Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
> coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
> Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?

It works in Mozilla 1.7.3 it works fine. What isn't working?

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net>
wrote:

>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have a copy of the unofficial patch 1.3 (vtmbup13.zip)
>>> available anywhere?
>>>
>>> After an hour pissing around on fileplanet this morning, I still
>>> can't download it from there.
>>
>> This link doesn't work?
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade
>> :-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3
>>

>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>
>Mark P. Nelson.

It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.

It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
know where in line you are.

Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
at 2AM when the servers are less full.

MCheu

Thusly "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net> Spake Unto All:

>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?

"Fileplanet" and "decent" can only be used together in sentences
containing a negation.

--
Fun Fact of the Day: In exit polls at the election 2004 the percentage of American
voters citing moral and ethical values as their prime concern was 22 percent,

"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a copy of the unofficial patch 1.3 (vtmbup13.zip)
>> available anywhere?
>>
>> After an hour pissing around on fileplanet this morning, I still can't
>> download it from there.
>
> This link doesn't work?
> http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade:-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3

Search the file on the following site:

http://www.filemirrors.com/

nostromo

Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:39:35
-0600, Anno Domini:

>Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>
>> James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>>This link doesn't work?
>>>http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade
>>>:-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3
>>>

>> Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>> coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>> Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>
>It works in Mozilla 1.7.3 it works fine. What isn't working?

Opera 7.54 for one. So I d/led it at work on IE instead - why would I want
to pollute my own system? >:)

nostromo

Thus spake MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:44:02 -0400, Anno
Domini:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net>
>wrote:
>
>>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>> This link doesn't work?
>>> http://www.fileplanet.com/151191/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade
>>> :-Bloodlines---Unofficial-Patch-1.3
>>>

>>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>>
>>Mark P. Nelson.
>
>It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.
>
>It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
>and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
>install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
>until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
>know where in line you are.
>
>Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
>at 2AM when the servers are less full.

Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues were
40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half all up to get
to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you know about that the rest
of us don't...?

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:28:53 +1000, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Thus spake MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:44:02 -0400, Anno
>Domini:
>
>>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>>>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>>>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>>>
>>>Mark P. Nelson.
>>
>>It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.
>>
>>It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
>>and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
>>install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
>>until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
>>know where in line you are.
>>
>>Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
>>at 2AM when the servers are less full.
>
>Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues were
>40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half all up to get
>to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you know about that the rest
>of us don't...?

Holy grouchy guy, Batman!

I understand your frustration, but there's no need for the sarcasm and
rudeness. 40 minutes or so is pretty good on the free fileplanet
servers, especially when the files are particularly large and
extremely popular. That's why I suggested leaving it open and doing
something else, as it can be a fairly long wait.

While I haven't downloaded that particular file, I have downloaded
files from the free fileplanet servers. It's how I knew that the
download instructions were somewhat misleading for non-IE browsers. I
doubt you'd believe this either, but the last two files I grabbed from
there were an old patch (jagged alliance 2's 1.02 patch) and a newer
game demo (SW: Republic Commando). Downloading off the North American
East coast server on a Friday night at 2AM Eastern Standard Time and
at 2:30AM EST two weeks ago. The total queue at the time was 0 both
times and the downloads fired up within a few seconds. Perhaps I just
got lucky, but I would imagine the server load at that hour is
considerably lighter than during the daytime, or in the evenings.

MCheu

Nostromo wrote:

> Thus spake MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:44:02 -0400, Anno
> Domini:
>

>>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>>>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>>>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>>>
>>>Mark P. Nelson.
>>
>>It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.
>>
>>It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
>>and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
>>install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
>>until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
>>know where in line you are.
>>
>>Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
>>at 2AM when the servers are less full.
>

> Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues were
> 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half all up to get
> to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you know about that the rest
> of us don't...?

You don't know about that one!!??

On that note: Does anyone actually pay for fileplanet?

Nostromo wrote:

> Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:39:35
> -0600, Anno Domini:
>

>>Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>>

>>>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>>Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>>>coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>>>Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>>
>>It works in Mozilla 1.7.3 it works fine. What isn't working?
>

> Opera 7.54 for one. So I d/led it at work on IE instead - why would I want
> to pollute my own system? >:)

LOL. Good choice. I had to download a couple of things that way. :)

Try Mozillia...it seems to be a little more compatible with pages than
Opera and it tend to be able to deal with the funky "stuff" web
programmers are apt to do.

nostromo

Thus spake MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:04:50 -0400, Anno
Domini:

>>Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues were
>>40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half all up to get
>>to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you know about that the rest
>>of us don't...?
>
>Holy grouchy guy, Batman!
>
>I understand your frustration, but there's no need for the sarcasm and
>rudeness. 40 minutes or so is pretty good on the free fileplanet

That was one of the more civilized responses re filthplanet you'll get
around here actually. You're new around here, ey?

>servers, especially when the files are particularly large and
>extremely popular. That's why I suggested leaving it open and doing
>something else, as it can be a fairly long wait.
>
>While I haven't downloaded that particular file, I have downloaded
>files from the free fileplanet servers. It's how I knew that the
>download instructions were somewhat misleading for non-IE browsers. I
>doubt you'd believe this either, but the last two files I grabbed from
>there were an old patch (jagged alliance 2's 1.02 patch) and a newer
>game demo (SW: Republic Commando). Downloading off the North American
>East coast server on a Friday night at 2AM Eastern Standard Time and
>at 2:30AM EST two weeks ago. The total queue at the time was 0 both
>times and the downloads fired up within a few seconds. Perhaps I just
>got lucky, but I would imagine the server load at that hour is
>considerably lighter than during the daytime, or in the evenings.

You got lucky. As I have on only 1 or 2 occasions I recall in living
history.

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:39:35
>-0600, Anno Domini:
>
>>Mark P. Nelson wrote:
>>
>>> James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in

>>> Oh the link is not hard to find, the problem is that Fileplanet's idiot
>>> coders wrote something that will only work if you're using Internet
>>> Exploder. Can't they afford any decent developers?
>>
>>It works in Mozilla 1.7.3 it works fine. What isn't working?
>
>Opera 7.54 for one. So I d/led it at work on IE instead - why would I want
>to pollute my own system? >:)

Maybe this is a side effect of Opera identifying itself as IE, and the
site programmer therefor using IE specific routines that wouldn't work
with Opera.

Perhaps you should tell Opera to ID itself as something else and try
this again and see if this is indeed the problem.

Xocyll

MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in news:dg7851lkodlc09ersmql6s7l8jbsg50js9@
4ax.com:

> It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.
>
> It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
> and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
> install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
> until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
> know where in line you are.
>
> Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
> at 2AM when the servers are less full.

> MCheu

Thanks for this. I now have the file.

Regards,
Mark P. Nelson.

--

Quoth The Raven "Nostromo"<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
61l8519am5veuq1t4ugrm2e6k94fvjqdjv@4ax.com
> Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues
> were 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half
> all up to get to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you
> know about that the rest of us don't...?

I had to search for the filename in emule and download it there instead.
much quicker!

--
Confucius say too much. - (Recent Chinese proverb)

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Highlandish wrote:

> Quoth The Raven "Nostromo"<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
> 61l8519am5veuq1t4ugrm2e6k94fvjqdjv@4ax.com
>
>>Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues
>>were 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half
>>all up to get to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you
>>know about that the rest of us don't...?
>

> I had to search for the filename in emule and download it there instead.
> much quicker!

But...but...Peer to Peer can only be used for pirating stuff...you can't
use it like that!!! ;-)

nostromo

Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au>, Thu, 7 Apr 2005
20:04:30 +1000, Anno Domini:

>Quoth The Raven "Nostromo"<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
>61l8519am5veuq1t4ugrm2e6k94fvjqdjv@4ax.com
>> Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues
>> were 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half
>> all up to get to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you
>> know about that the rest of us don't...?
>
>I had to search for the filename in emule and download it there instead.
>much quicker!

rofl - I get 99.99% of my slurping from P2P & I didn't even think :-/

Quoth The Raven "James Garvin"<jgarvin2004@comcast.net> in
Cqqdnfn-r5Jc08jfRVn-hQ@comcast.com
> Nostromo wrote:
>
>> Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005
>> 10:39:35 -0600, Anno Domini:

>>>It works in Mozilla 1.7.3 it works fine. What isn't working?
>>

>> Opera 7.54 for one. So I d/led it at work on IE instead - why would
>> I want to pollute my own system? >:)
>
> LOL. Good choice. I had to download a couple of things that way. :)
> Try Mozillia...it seems to be a little more compatible with pages than
> Opera and it tend to be able to deal with the funky "stuff" web
> programmers are apt to do.

I use Avant, it is a new GUI over the top of the IE engine, but it cleans it
all up and locks it down nicely. it has full support everywhere and it tabs
better than firefox/opera/derivatives.

--
No matter how fast your PC is, Microsoft will find a way to slow it down

Highlandish wrote:

> Quoth The Raven "James Garvin"<jgarvin2004@comcast.net> in
> Cqqdnfn-r5Jc08jfRVn-hQ@comcast.com
>
>>Nostromo wrote:
>>

>>>Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005
>>>10:39:35 -0600, Anno Domini:

>>>Opera 7.54 for one. So I d/led it at work on IE instead - why would
>>>I want to pollute my own system? >:)
>>
>>LOL. Good choice. I had to download a couple of things that way. :)
>>Try Mozillia...it seems to be a little more compatible with pages than
>>Opera and it tend to be able to deal with the funky "stuff" web
>>programmers are apt to do.
>

> I use Avant, it is a new GUI over the top of the IE engine, but it cleans it
> all up and locks it down nicely. it has full support everywhere and it tabs
> better than firefox/opera/derivatives.

I'll have to try it out. What does it lock down?

nostromo

Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:37:53
-0600, Anno Domini:

>Highlandish wrote:
>
>> Quoth The Raven "Nostromo"<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
>> 61l8519am5veuq1t4ugrm2e6k94fvjqdjv@4ax.com
>>
>>>Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues
>>>were 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half
>>>all up to get to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you
>>>know about that the rest of us don't...?
>>

>> I had to search for the filename in emule and download it there instead.
>> much quicker!
>
>But...but...Peer to Peer can only be used for pirating stuff...you can't
> use it like that!!! ;-)

ROFLMAO!

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

nostromo

Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:36:06 -0400,
Anno Domini:

>Perhaps you should tell Opera to ID itself as something else and try
>this again and see if this is indeed the problem.

Already identifying itself as Opera correctly...

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

nostromo

Thus spake James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>, Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:27:22
-0600, Anno Domini:

>Nostromo wrote:
>
>> Thus spake MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com>, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:44:02 -0400, Anno
>> Domini:

>>>It works fine with Mozilla FireFox 1.02.
>>>
>>>It's not obvious, but you need to allow the pop-up window to come up,
>>>and click on "continue to the public QUEUE". You DO NOT need to
>>>install the activeX plugin. Just keep this secondary window open
>>>until the download starts. It will periodically update to let you
>>>know where in line you are.
>>>
>>>Suggest you go do something else in the meantime, or do your downloads
>>>at 2AM when the servers are less full.
>>

>> Yeah, sure mate - even from Australia in the evening, ALL the queues were
>> 40-50 mins+ & the Aus one actually took about an hour & a half all up to get
>> to it. Maybe there's a hidden Antarctica server you know about that the rest
>> of us don't...?
>
>You don't know about that one!!??
>
>On that note: Does anyone actually pay for fileplanet?

There's a couple interesting characters in this group, yes.

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:36:06 -0400,
>Anno Domini:
>
>>Perhaps you should tell Opera to ID itself as something else and try
>>this again and see if this is indeed the problem.
>
>Already identifying itself as Opera correctly...

Ok, maybe it is an idiot programmer then who only allowed for IE and
netscape/mozilla.

Xocyll