V188 Subsidy PIN

Last response: in Brands
August 9, 2005 5:24:38 PM

I'm going to be getting the Subsidy PIN (unlock code) for my V188 from
T-Mobile. Am I correct in assuming that I will only have to enter this code
ONCE, and then the phone is unlocked forever? Is there anything else I
should get from T-Mobile in the way of codes, PUK or anything else?

- ESJ

More about : v188 subsidy pin

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 7:35:02 PM

In article <q82Ke.50472$B52.15939@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
E Jones <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote:
>I'm going to be getting the Subsidy PIN (unlock code) for my V188 from
>T-Mobile. Am I correct in assuming that I will only have to enter this code
>ONCE, and then the phone is unlocked forever?

Correct - unless the firmware is ever updated using code that contains a
subsidy lock. In that case, your same subsidy PIN will work then, too.

>Is there anything else I
>should get from T-Mobile in the way of codes, PUK or anything else?

You will need a SIM card issued by a carrier other than T-Mobile, to
prpduce the situation in which you are prompted for the subsidy code to
unlock the phone.
August 10, 2005 5:37:15 AM

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:24:38 GMT, "E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net>
wrote:

>I'm going to be getting the Subsidy PIN (unlock code) for my V188 from
>T-Mobile. Am I correct in assuming that I will only have to enter this code
>ONCE, and then the phone is unlocked forever? Is there anything else I
>should get from T-Mobile in the way of codes, PUK or anything else?
>
> - ESJ

How do you go about getting the code from T-mobile?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:06:55 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:37:15 -0700, Scott <nunya@nowhere.com> wrote:

[snip]
>How do you go about getting the code from T-mobile?

Call Customer Service and ask for it. If you are a T-Mobile customer
in good standing for over 90 days and have not asked for an unlock
code in the last 90 days, they will take your IMEI and email you the
code and instructions in a day or two. Be sure to check the email to
be sure they used the correct IMEI to calculate the code.

--
Harold Kost
Anonymous

I have put a nice tutorial with links etc and a form that you can use to
expedite it. go to http://kickme.to/prepaidwireless and go into the TMOBILE
section. Youll see it in there.

"Harold Kost" <halk@despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:37:15 -0700, Scott <nunya@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>How do you go about getting the code from T-mobile?
>

> Call Customer Service and ask for it. If you are a T-Mobile customer
> in good standing for over 90 days and have not asked for an unlock
> code in the last 90 days, they will take your IMEI and email you the
> code and instructions in a day or two. Be sure to check the email to
> be sure they used the correct IMEI to calculate the code.
>
> --
> Harold Kost
August 10, 2005 9:01:47 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:03:13 -0400, "PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote:

>I have put a nice tutorial with links etc and a form that you can use to
>expedite it. go to http://kickme.to/prepaidwireless and go into the TMOBILE
>section. Youll see it in there.

Thanks so much for that. I am confused on one section though

Last 4 of SS / Sec Code#: _ _ _ _
What am I supposed to enter in this section?
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 5:46:28 AM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:01:47 -0700, Scott <nunya@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:03:13 -0400, "PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote:
>
>>I have put a nice tutorial with links etc and a form that you can use to
>>expedite it. go to http://kickme.to/prepaidwireless and go into the TMOBILE
>>section. Youll see it in there.
>
>Thanks so much for that. I am confused on one section though
>
>Last 4 of SS / Sec Code#: _ _ _ _
> What am I supposed to enter in this section?

It is asking for the last four digits of your Social Security number
to verify your identity. If you do not use your SS number, you should
have a PIN for use with Customer Service.

--
Harold Kost
August 11, 2005 5:46:29 AM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:46:28 GMT, Harold Kost <halk@despammed.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:01:47 -0700, Scott <nunya@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:03:13 -0400, "PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I have put a nice tutorial with links etc and a form that you can use to
>>>expedite it. go to http://kickme.to/prepaidwireless and go into the TMOBILE
>>>section. Youll see it in there.
>>
>>Thanks so much for that. I am confused on one section though
>>
>>Last 4 of SS / Sec Code#: _ _ _ _
>> What am I supposed to enter in this section?
>

>It is asking for the last four digits of your Social Security number
>to verify your identity. If you do not use your SS number, you should
>have a PIN for use with Customer Service.

hmmm, only pin I have is the one I created for voicemail as far as I
know.
August 11, 2005 11:56:49 AM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:56:48 -0500, salami1_1
<salami1_1.1tlp5z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>unlocking V188 would be very easy using www.drmoto.net
>took me about 10 minutes (installing drivers plus reading manual)
>unlocking took under 1 minute..
>
>WBR

why pay when t-mobile will give me the code for free
!