Dungeon Master PC + vdmsound problem (XP)

tried running Dungeon Master (the original, not the Java version) on
Windows XP

game runs perfectly, but even with vdmsound I get no "Soundblaster"
sound, only "Adlib" and that one is not working properly

I run an Audigy 2

thanks a lot in advance for any hints on how to get proper sound!

--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Have you tried DosBox? I played DM too and the sound works
well:)

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:01:27 +0200, Cole Turner
<remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote:

>tried running Dungeon Master (the original, not the Java version) on
>Windows XP
>
>game runs perfectly, but even with vdmsound I get no "Soundblaster"
>sound, only "Adlib" and that one is not working properly
>
>I run an Audigy 2
>
>thanks a lot in advance for any hints on how to get proper sound!

Best Wishes

GaZman

NOTE: Remove "trousers" when replying!

.... there came a great Gazman <gazman2k@trousersblueyonder.co.uk>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Have you tried DosBox? I played DM too and the sound works
>well:)

thx for the hint - but tbh that program is beyond me ... even have to
mount drive letters each time ... :\
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

.... there came a great Gazman <gazman2k@trousersblueyonder.co.uk>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Have you tried DosBox? I played DM too and the sound works
>well:)

sorry, disregard the previous post - I figured it out - simply drag
dm.exe over the dosbox icon!

one thing though, full screen mode results in fuzzy graphics and the
game runs a tiny bit laggy ... sound is great though!

thanks!

Cole ***
--

In article <6d3d51tr5ht6smm3dmtht140s4tgjcqm33@4ax.com>,
remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection says...

>tried running Dungeon Master (the original, not the Java version) on
>Windows XP

>game runs perfectly, but even with vdmsound I get no "Soundblaster"
>sound, only "Adlib" and that one is not working properly

>I run an Audigy 2

>thanks a lot in advance for any hints on how to get proper sound!

When I bought Dungeion Master, it came with the FTL Sound Adapter, a device
that plugged into the printer (parallel) port and connected to speakers to
provide sound, and also to a joystick. It was for computers that had only the
internal speaker. It worked very well. I have not tried it with a contemporary
OS.

Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.