CD & DVD Rom Drives

DuckTape

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Hello folks.

Would you be so kind as to help me answer a couple questions?

What brands (and models, speeds, etc.) of CD Rom drives are more reliable? More quiet? Best of both worlds? Any to avoid?

What brands (and models, speeds, etc.) of DVD Rom drives are more reliable? More quiet? Best of both worlds? Any to avoid?

Thanks much!
DuckTape

P.S. I am posting a similar question about CD-RW's in the forum about CD Writers.

Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
well i would recommend a samsung dvd player beause that lasted me for ages and your hardly ever heard it.
A sony 38 - 52 speed cd rom would aslo be recommended becuase they are really reliable, mate has had one for bout four years now and he hasnt had trouble with it once.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Liteon :smile:
for both dvd's and cd-rw's.
Though pioneer and ricoh are good brands too

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Yeah poineer definatly but i dont recall anyone ever saying that rioch are any good, i asked my mate and he said there very very good so yeah your right, sony and the two you made are very good choices, but liteon do a good deal where you buy a burner off them and if it breaks in a year you get a replacment one but you wanna look into that deal cause there can be catches

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Ricoh makes excellent CD-RW as well as CDRW/DVD combo drives. I don't think the company makes any CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drives though.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ricoh have unfortunately withdrawn from many markets... they made good cd-rw and cd-rw/dvd combo drives.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>