An oldie - Anvil of Dawn

Am trying to replay this oldie, but am stuck in the lowest (third) level of
the Iron Titan. Cannot find the fifth key. It may be behind the door by
the two plates in the southwest corner, which I cannot find a way to open.
Walkthrough is not helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

D.

In article <LnF6e.7579$qS4.3347@fe2.columbus.rr.com>, fbleier@midsouth.rr.com
says...

>Am trying to replay this oldie, but am stuck in the lowest (third) level of
>the Iron Titan. Cannot find the fifth key. It may be behind the door by
>the two plates in the southwest corner, which I cannot find a way to open.
>Walkthrough is not helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anvil of Dawn is one of my favorite games. I might have to play it again.

I don't recall the specific locations of the keys.

I think the way to open those two doors involves placing weights on the plates.
If various combinations of weights don't work, try using the spell Ritual Of
Unmaking on the doors. Actually, that spell can get you into many offlimits
areas <G>. Just don't save in those areas, because there might not be a way
back.

Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.

thrasher

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:20:43 GMT, "Fred Bleier"
<fbleier@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>Am trying to replay this oldie, but am stuck in the lowest (third) level of
>the Iron Titan. Cannot find the fifth key. It may be behind the door by
>the two plates in the southwest corner, which I cannot find a way to open.
>Walkthrough is not helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heh... Anvil of Dawn was the last game I did an editer for... back in
94 or 95 I'm thinking. That was a really good game considering it came
out in the middle of an RPG drought when the conventional wisdom was
that it wasn't worthwhile making an RPG.

Sorry I can't help you with a tip though, that's just too long ago for
me to remember details like that.