V600 BlueTooth problem

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
August 10, 2005 1:46:20 PM

When trying to transfer files from my V600 to my Dell Inspiron 9300
(built-in BT) I am having difficulty pairing the phone/computer. It keeps
wanting to install the phone as a modem under BT services. Demands a phone
number, username and password and everytime I try to "connect" it tries to
dial up the dummy number I entered, and then fails of course.

All I want is just the FTP service which doesn't seem an option. I got MPT
to link up once but not again. Before this computer I have had spotty luck
with a Dell desktop and a BT dongle with MPT. USB cable seems to work OK.
Dell tech support claims it is a phone issue.

Any comments?

Mike

More about : v600 bluetooth problem

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:33:44 AM

what OS do you have on your computer?

If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
and PC

http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw

dont pay attention to the first couple of directions..those are for
installing bluetooth.

there are instructions in there that show you how to manage your
bluetooth in your device manager and instructs you on how to modify it
so you can use it with your phone

--
tooldef6
August 11, 2005 12:40:14 PM

Thanks, I'll try this. I have Windows Media Center 2005 which I think has
SP2 as a base. I also had the latest Dell drivers, but obviously it isn't
working for me, yet.

Mike

"tooldef6" <tooldef6.1tlalb@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> what OS do you have on your computer?
>
> If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
> helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
> and PC
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw
>
> dont pay attention to the first couple of directions..those are for
> installing bluetooth.
>
> there are instructions in there that show you how to manage your
> bluetooth in your device manager and instructs you on how to modify it
> so you can use it with your phone
>

> --
> tooldef6

August 11, 2005 6:23:15 PM

tooldef6 <tooldef6.1tlalb@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

> what OS do you have on your computer?

> If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
> helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
> and PC

> http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw

The grammar on that one made it a little hard to read, but it gave exactly
the same advice as DLink did for my DBT-120. Actually, DLink pages offered
several incorrect pieces of advice, and one good one.

My story:
Motorola V551 Bluetooth Mobile Phone Tools
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W39E65F8B

---