V600 BlueTooth problem

When trying to transfer files from my V600 to my Dell Inspiron 9300
(built-in BT) I am having difficulty pairing the phone/computer. It keeps
wanting to install the phone as a modem under BT services. Demands a phone
number, username and password and everytime I try to "connect" it tries to
dial up the dummy number I entered, and then fails of course.

All I want is just the FTP service which doesn't seem an option. I got MPT
to link up once but not again. Before this computer I have had spotty luck
with a Dell desktop and a BT dongle with MPT. USB cable seems to work OK.
Dell tech support claims it is a phone issue.

Any comments?

Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about v600 bluetooth problem

    what OS do you have on your computer?

    If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
    helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
    and PC

    http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw

    dont pay attention to the first couple of directions..those are for
    installing bluetooth.

    there are instructions in there that show you how to manage your
    bluetooth in your device manager and instructs you on how to modify it
    so you can use it with your phone

    --
    tooldef6

    Thanks, I'll try this. I have Windows Media Center 2005 which I think has
    SP2 as a base. I also had the latest Dell drivers, but obviously it isn't
    working for me, yet.

    Mike

    "tooldef6" <tooldef6.1tlalb@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > what OS do you have on your computer?
    >
    > If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
    > helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
    > and PC
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw
    >
    > dont pay attention to the first couple of directions..those are for
    > installing bluetooth.
    >
    > there are instructions in there that show you how to manage your
    > bluetooth in your device manager and instructs you on how to modify it
    > so you can use it with your phone
    >

    > --
    > tooldef6

    tooldef6 <tooldef6.1tlalb@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > what OS do you have on your computer?

    > If you XP with SP2, follow the instructions in the following link. It
    > helped me out a bunch and I can now transfer to and fro between my v600
    > and PC

    > http://tinyurl.com/5p8bw

    The grammar on that one made it a little hard to read, but it gave exactly
    the same advice as DLink did for my DBT-120. Actually, DLink pages offered
    several incorrect pieces of advice, and one good one.

    My story:
    Motorola V551 Bluetooth Mobile Phone Tools
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W39E65F8B

    ---

Motorola