Sign in with
Your question

Nothing shows on computer endless searching animations windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 6, 2012 2:39:43 AM

Sometimes on my many windows 7 pcs when I goto computer or network nothing shows up and the side has the endless magnifying glasses searching, I can still access a network or drive by typing in the location or drive letter, logging out sometimes fixes this, but mainly have to restart the pc, any ideas?? this a windows 7 bug?
June 6, 2012 2:55:45 AM

Sounds like you've got an unreachable network location that it's trying to get to. Do you have any network drives mapped?
m
l
June 6, 2012 5:13:58 AM

shares on windows home server, but i can access them just by typing in the location in the address bar in explorer, like i mentioned
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2012 2:15:36 PM

Not sure what might be causing it, but could you try unmapping the locations and see if it fixes it? If there's no hang up when the locations aren't mapped, we've got the source of our problem and can go from there to figure out how to map them without causing the issue.
m
l
June 6, 2012 7:25:20 PM

willard said:
Not sure what might be causing it, but could you try unmapping the locations and see if it fixes it? If there's no hang up when the locations aren't mapped, we've got the source of our problem and can go from there to figure out how to map them without causing the issue.

Sorry if you misunderstood, I have no mapped drives, only the shares from windows home server , that are shared not mapped if that makes a difference? if so i dont know how long i can keep them unshared as i use them alot and since this is a random issue.
m
l
!