Trouble setup router with usb modem

mkimwele

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
ive got a a tp-link TL-WR741ND, but i dont have a ADSL2+MODEM ROUTER, (ADLS MODEM).Instead ive got a orange usb modem, how can i install the device ?
reply asap

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You buy yourself a new router designed to take wireless broadband modem connections. The router you have does not even allow USB attached printers much less a modem.

It takes a special router that has support for this. There are a number of models but you must know the EXACT model of you modem. You then must go though the list of supported modems. The list of supported modems varies a lot between vendors and even between routers within the same vendor. The safest way is to buy it from your ISP even though it will cost more you at least know for sure it will work.

The feature you want to search for is USB wireless broadband.

The router that you have is just a regular router that will accept an ethernet cable from a cable modem. Since you have an adsl modem that has a usb cable as a connection you need the usb router that goes with it and your local phone company that installs your DSL will have that router and should have installed one when you got your DSL service unless you told then not to because you had this router. I would call them back and have them install the router or find one on ebay or Amazon.