What versions of Outlook will MPT synch with?

Last response: in Brands
August 13, 2005 9:53:22 AM

The bvrp website doesn't seem to make that info clear.

The computer I have has a trial version of Outlook 2003, which I'd have to
pay for when the trial period ends. I also have an institutionally
licensed copy of Office97/Outlook98 that I can still use, as I still do a
few things on the side for the Bible college I got it from. But I'm not
sure if there are any file format changes between the versions of Outlook
that make the older version incompatible with MPT. Obviously, I'd rather
not spend more if I don't have to.

Bill K
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 1:23:38 AM

"Bill Kraski" <Bill.Kraski.NoSpam@verizon.invalid> wrote in message
> The bvrp website doesn't seem to make that info clear.
>
> The computer I have has a trial version of Outlook 2003, which I'd have to
> pay for when the trial period ends. I also have an institutionally
> licensed copy of Office97/Outlook98 that I can still use, as I still do a
> few things on the side for the Bible college I got it from. But I'm not
> sure if there are any file format changes between the versions of Outlook
> that make the older version incompatible with MPT. Obviously, I'd rather
> not spend more if I don't have to.
>
> Bill K

I think you'll be safe going backwards to older versions. I am sure it uses
MAPI calls versus actually reading files directly.

Steve
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 10:15:49 AM

Steven de Mena wrote:

> I think you'll be safe going backwards to older versions. I am sure
> it uses MAPI calls versus actually reading files directly.

Thanks, Steve.

Bill K
!