Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stream from macbook pro to smart TV (Wirelessly)

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 26, 2012 2:11:29 PM

Hi, I am looking to wireless stream videos from my macbook pro to my samsung smart tv. I have a wi-fi samsung media player set up with my tv. So, for example If I am playing a video on my Macbook pro, can it be wirelessly sent to my tv? I think I can do it with Apple TV, but is there any other way? (without buying any new gadgets?) Thanking you in advance..
December 26, 2012 3:16:36 PM

I'm not totaly famiar with a Mac but with a Pc you can and with a Mac being more dynamic with video and pictures I would think you could do it through your wireless home network. With all the components connected to the network each one can see the others so it's just a matter of using the right settings.
m
l
December 26, 2012 9:44:43 PM

inzone said:
I'm not totaly famiar with a Mac but with a Pc you can and with a Mac being more dynamic with video and pictures I would think you could do it through your wireless home network. With all the components connected to the network each one can see the others so it's just a matter of using the right settings.

Thanks for your reply.. Can you tell me how to do the right settings for PC? Thanks once again...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 26, 2012 9:51:30 PM

Any videos that you want to stream from the computer should be in a folder that has been enabled for network sharing. You right click on the folder and select share with Homegroup then you right click on the folder and select properties and then you make sure that the sharing option is selected.
December 27, 2012 4:36:32 PM

Best answer selected by ash1602.
m
l
December 27, 2012 4:37:02 PM

Thanks..
m
l
December 27, 2012 4:40:34 PM

Your welcome.
m
l