Internet keeps dropping/reconnecting

horsovski

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Hi

I am having problems with my internet connection dropping every day, usually around 2-3 times per day. Internet goes off for a second or two and it comes back. Usually this wouldn't be a problem for me but I am a professional poker player and every time internet goes off, I loose all my active tables in poker lobbys (due to reconnect) which is unacceptable and a serious problem for me.

I'm running windows 7 64x ULTIMATE with two LAN adapters on my motherboard:

-Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
-Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

I'm connected directly with modem without any routers in between.

I use one for internet and other for IPTV but I have also alredy tried using just internet on both, changing cables, disabling the unused one,etc.. I've also updated both drivers to latest and disabled any sleep modes on these adapters as well as in windows.

What Have I done so far?

-Tried a new LAN card
-Updated latest driver, changed cables, disabling one, disabling sleep modes.
-Formatted my computer (Went back to win7 from win8 as I thought this might be the issue)
-Tried removing programs such as NOD32,Utorrent,etc..
-Talked with ISP who replaced the modem and confirmed it is stable and not dropping connection on their side.

I'm not sure what else to do and I'm out of options so hopefully some of you might help me figure out what's causing this.

When this happens does the sync light on the modem go out, blink, or turn red? If so it's an ISP issue. ISP's will ALWAYS tell you that it's not their problem, you have to be firm. It's also possible that the connection is fine but the ISP's DNS servers hiccup. As a test switch to another set of DNS servers (OpenDNS for instance).

horsovski

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Thank you for your reply.

When this happens none of the lights goes off on the modem, everything remains the same. I'm connected directly with cable to ISP's modem.

I also just added my laptop and connected it same to modem to see if both computers will be disconnecting at the same time, so far it looks like it is only on one computer which was also just recently formated.

horsovski

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
This is unbeliavable. Today I have bought a new computer (except for RAM and discs) and after doing another clean install on NEW computer, same thing happens again. I have installed so far only needed drivers for the sytem, Chrome, Office 2010, Skype and one poker client.

I'm getting really frustrated over this as I just spent over €1k to see that this problem continues. If there is someone who might have an idea what this is PLEASE help, I'm willing to pay to someone who knows the solution as well.

Thanks

horsovski

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Well on my laptop it works normally and so does on other laptops in the house.

On my computer I have replaced everything except RAM and disc's. I had asus MB before and now as well but can this be the answer ?