Why would my acer aspire 5733z p6200 brand new need a bios update

chris_37

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
i got my acer aspire brand new,powered up installed my music and other ,replaced antivirus with my own ,removed the crapware ,then updated it after doing my 3 factory discs ,i then rebooted the system and on restart it would not boot up,i returned the laptop to shop who sent it away ,3 weeks later to be imformed it needed a bios update ,now how could this be on a brand new laptop.after roughley 6hrs use.

chris_37

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

they replied with the bios needed up dating ,which it caused the problem of the hdd not been readable ,it realley got me thinking ,as it was brand new and no other setting were touched at the point of install,if it worked for 6 hrs then an error message popped up to state ur hdd is about to fail ,back up and contact ur vender,if it indeed it did this bios update sureley it would not of worked for 6 hrs ,its baffled me or like u say maybe trying to waffle me ,

chris_37

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
thank u dodger for ur fast reply i hope to have it returned to me today i will post the imfo for u ,if they do send a report with it ,they did say the hdd was ok it was just the bios update it needed ,we will see.

chris_37

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
thanks dodger ,well hopefulley the issue will be solved,im hoping so just a little off putting with a brand new machine just hope the hdd error dosent return when i go back in windows .never had this problem with the other one i have ,so fingers crossed ,they did reply on the phone as it was a software issue it would no longer be accepted for re repair which i think is wrong.