What Doc reader needed

Tags:
June 10, 2004 8:00:56 PM

I have documents that I can't seem to match with a reader.

Is there a program that will look at palm documents and tell you the creator
and type of file form the desktop? Filez gives the information, in the palm
main memory, but not the card.

Is there a list of document type and reader needed?

Are the programs that will convert from one format to another?

Thanks

---

More about : doc reader needed

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 5:03:48 AM

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:00:56 -0700, Mike W had this to say...

> I have documents that I can't seem to match with a reader.
>
> Is there a program that will look at palm documents and tell you the creator
> and type of file form the desktop? Filez gives the information, in the palm
> main memory, but not the card.
>
> Is there a list of document type and reader needed?
>
> Are the programs that will convert from one format to another?
>
> Thanks

Allot of them I just open with Word on the PC, the Creator ID and File
Type are plain ASCII text in the file header which is at the end of the
first short paragraph, for most. You can see it in the preview window.

Creator ID's <http://www.geocities.com/palmcreatorid/index.html&gt;
File Formats <http://www.memoware.com/mw.cgi/?screen=help_format&gt;
Converters <http://www.memoware.com/mw.cgi/?screen=help_create&gt;

--