Sign in with
Your question

round cables versus standard

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2003 6:51:51 PM

I am in the process of building a new system and am debating on using round cables as opposed to the standard cables. By every account the two advantages of round cables are a cooler system and neater appearance.

The case that I have is a large server case by Antec with 3 fans standard and the option for two more (Sever Tower PLUS1080AMG).

Obviously I do not want my system to overheat causing damage. The main components are top of the line, such as a 2700+ processor and radeon 9700 pro card, which from my research both give off a fair amount of heat.

My question is do you think the case will be able to stay cool on its own or should I spend the extra $30 to $40 that it would cost to buy rounded cables?
Any responses are welcome and encouraged!!!!
January 31, 2003 7:29:31 PM

According to what I heard. Round cables can only
Improve the airflow slightly. It's really not going
to make a major difference. Besides, you got a server
case, so there should be plenty of room for the airflow.
So for cooling reason to buy round cables for
a server case, I would say "Neh". But round cables do
look better and less messy inside the case.
I would get it anyways.(since $40 compare to the
whole system which cost around $1200 is nothing)

If you know you are stupid.
The least thing you can do is to SHUT UP.
So people don't know how stupid you are.
Or even better, they might think you are
COOL and SMART
January 31, 2003 7:46:56 PM

Thanks for the input.

I guess it is pretty trivial to dwell on such a minor cost when compared to the whole thing.
January 31, 2003 9:05:07 PM

Last November I found a guy selling some round cables on ebay. He was selling 4 floppy cables and 6 long ass ide cables. They were only 5.99 buy it now, so I figured why not. It was probably the best investment I ever made

It's amazing how easily they can pimp out a case

It's all good ^_^
!