V3 questions: Delivery reports; categories; phonebook for ..

Last response: in Brands
August 15, 2005 7:15:16 PM

Hi,

Some questions from a Motorola V3 newbie!

1) When sending SMS, the default for receipt is "No"; is there any way of
changing the default to "Yes" so I don't have to request a receipt manually
each time?

2) Is there any way of creating new categories beyond the
VIP/General/Personal etc ones there are already?

3) I've arranged the phonebook by speed dial rather than alphabetically.
When sending an SMS though the phonebook it offers me is in alphabetical
order which is annoying. Is there any way of getting it to display the
phonebook by speed dial as well when sending a text?

Thanks

Eric
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:42:38 AM

1) no. besides sms delivery reports have to be supported by your
carrier. If your on cingular they do not support them for sms but they
do for mms.

2.) go to address book, hit middle menu key, go to categories, hit
middle menu key and choose new.

3.) no

--
troyboy30
August 16, 2005 2:00:39 PM

> 1) no. besides sms delivery reports have to be supported by your
> carrier. If your on cingular they do not support them for sms but they
> do for mms.

OK, thanks. I'm on t-mobile in the UK and they do support delivery reports,
but I was hoping to make the default setting "yes".

> 2.) go to address book, hit middle menu key, go to categories, hit
> middle menu key and choose new.

Excellent, thanks.

> 3.) no

What a pain.