is Newegg a good place to buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dttdar

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
I'm thinking about buying a processor from them, but I've seen a few posts up here of people who bought from them and had bad parts. I also heard that a lot of their stuff is refurbed.

sorry, but I'm still stuck in the Pentium III world

greasEdego

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2001
Newegg is AWESOME. I've ordered probably about $600-$800 worth of stuff from them the past 6 months or so and have NEVER had any problems with anything. They do have refurbed stuff, but it's sold in the refurbished section. They sell retail and OEM. Their shipping is great too. I live in PA and they're based in CA and I get my stuff like 3 or 4 days after i place my order.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
The only bad thing I can think of is that they don't ship internationally, so a lot of us people in Canada can't get their stuff. They do sell high quality stuff and it's pretty cheap.

dhlucke

Polypheme
they rock, and their refurbished products are marked as such.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

killian2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome. Never had a problem with them and they are fast with their shipping. I also hear that if you do have a problem they are good with the whole replacement process.

castle

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
Am I the only complaining? Last month I bought an ATA100 Raid control card. It was DOA piece. Newegg said that was out of order and could not replace. They did allow me to return, but I had to pay the shipment. Then I got only the tag price money back, no sale tax refund!

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
That's illegal, not refunding the tax on a purchase refund. I've had a few of my own returns from local retailers not include a refund of the tax, a quick request to the supervisor fixed it without any hassle [Toys R'Us tried it twice].

I've also had a couple of quotes in which I inquired more deeply into, as they added tax to the shipping charge...I've been meaning to investigate that, as only a select few tried that, and it didn't appear to be a State issue, as others in the same areas did not do the same. Tax fraud isn't exactly what a legit reseller should play with.

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
IF POST >= STUPID, THEN GOTO H3LL

G

Hello !

Well I have never tried them, but then again from I see I will never try them either.

See it looks like a tastic of bait and switch the dealer is using, but this is only from what I have read then again read the following.

Say the reseller wants to sell to a group so they post info here and help.

Say another wants to do the same then you have players from bother companies or more throwing out this or that.

I say check out some reseller rating sites, also not to forget to examine the sites return pollicy and even email them and get a replie in the email that is to your liking that includes they refund all tax, price, and any extra money if something goes wrong.

Also if the reseller is on the up and up and would like to sell to you have them enter into a agreement that states plainly that if court action is need they will pay all fees, cost, and a extra 10% of the price and including the tax for your problems.

Having this would make it allot harder for reseller to get away with the stuff they do and make it simpler to get your money back as the email is a locking to make sure you have a valid contract to your liking and is enforced with a print out of the source so to have a legal document.

Hope that helps and email the company to get ya started !

A computer built with some performace in mind will give you 10% more bang for your bulk s (ºoº)

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
I don't think a single online retailer would go for that purchase. They'd just tell you go somewhere else. I have made requests via email for minor things, such as an assurance in writing that I will not be responsible for shipping on wrong items being shipped to me and needing returned...never have received a reply for such requests.

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255

dhlucke

Polypheme
What are you talking about? Contract? Just read their TOS. If you don't like them, don't buy from them. They're more than fair. Who have you been buying from that negotiates contracts? I think we're talking about retail sales, not government or educational institution deals.

Bait and switch? Check out <A HREF="http://www.resellerratings.com" target="_new">http://www.resellerratings.com</A>, and you'll see that they have the highest rating of any retailer out there.

Feel free to check out the Better Business Bureau. But don't insult us by saying that we're all lying and working to fool people. I sure as hell don't work for them and I say great things about them nonetheless. It's to help people out, not trick them. Ever really buy from a bad dealer? It sucks. Newegg is among the best.

I'm in the middle of RMA. If that works out, which it has so far, I'll be even more pleased with them.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've been ordering almost all my computer parts from newegg for the longest time. The few times I had to return parts there was absolutely no hassle at all. I even had a motherboard I thought I killed in overclocking WELL past the 90 RMA period and a few minutes after I called I had an RMA number (Turned out it was PSU not mobo so I didn't send it back)
the company has awesome price most of the time, and if you feel bad about them, check some reseller ratings I'm not the only one having nothing but good experiences with them. Every time I build a computer for a friend almost everyting comes from newegg.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

G

LOL --- !

Did not take long for that to get a responce so that says allot to me on what is up, but then again your post you put ----
"Just read their TOS"
"They're more than fair"
"I think we're talking about retail sales" < Special >
"But don't insult us" <real Smart>
"we're all lying and working to fool people" (LOL-DA)
"I sure as hell don't work for them" (LOL-DA) "look above"

Well allot of info there for someone not working for them. Always look to the replies to tell how hard the person is working to drum up sales and if you are not working for them then why are you pushing them (Da ya Dumb [-peep-])

Wow that special line about retail sales. Ok you posted it and is logged and can be used and inforced if you do work for them or even as making false and misleading statement ya [-peep-] idiot. Retail sales ya say so I take it you are saying they are a retail sales shop with not one OEM product and if I look at their site and it has OEM them just just fuycked up again.
(Da a idiot and his/her money is soon parted)

Ever think people that get hit by a company might have a clue as to what is going on or maybe investgations. If ya think enough ya might get a clue and think about it is the clue I am giveing ya !

Never milk a person when ya can offer real service and honest products at fair prices.

Ya have to many people post negtive things so have fun !

A computer built with some performace in mind will give you 10% more bang for your bulk s (ºoº)

dhlucke

Polypheme
**sigh**

I suppose we didn't land on the moon and the pentagon was hit with a truck bomb too.

**sigh**

MStakem

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
Were you feed a diet of conspiricies as a child or something?

I spent 1300 at newegg and the CPU was DOA and they took it back no questions asked after a month. They even took back my mobo which I thought was the problem no questions asked. The only complaint I have with them is that it was hard for me to hear them on the phone as the volume was so low.

MStakem

bluzbrother

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I've spent over $5,000 in the past year through them, and I would buy through them 95% of the time. They are reputable, they always have a fair price (no gimmicks), and if you do get bad parts they go out of their way to replace/refund the product. I've dealt with too many many companies that jerk you around if something doesn't go right. It's inevitable that you will get bad components from time to time (motherboard... etc.) and those are the times you find out if a company is good or not. Very rarely do I have a problem with anything I order, not to mention that they ship items usually within 24 hours. I've had companies that didn't even confirm my order for 4 days (TCWO.com)... who cares if the shipping is cheap if they don't ship your items for almost a week.

Newegg is the kind of business that breeds customer loyalty, mainly because they take care of their customers.

AOL-For people who like to pay extra for their SPAM

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
"Well allot of info there for someone not working for them. Always look to the replies to tell how hard the person is working to drum up sales and if you are not working for them then why are you pushing them (Da ya Dumb [-peep-])"
and where is this abundance of information you speak of? i see no insider evidence what so ever. i find it absulutely incredible that you some how managed to brew up the notion of a conspiracy between regular posters and newegg, get your head out of your ass!

you shot who in the what now?

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
give dhlucke a break...he still thinks we landed on the moon.

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255

dhlucke

Polypheme
I got a full refund for my IBM drive that I bought in ~October 2001. Great service imop.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
The next time I can't find what I want localy, I will try them.

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

cooll

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
newegg is the best, their shipping is the fastest with a reasonable fees. I bet you can't find a second online retailer comes close to newegg when comes to return policy. I ordered over $1500 from them last year and will comes back for my new system this summer.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
the funny thing about newegg is that they appeared just about the same time as egghead.com was closing up shop (who I used to love). Wonder if there's a connection?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Status
Not open for further replies.