Runescape Security

Last night my 11 year old son gave his password to another unknown user
(I do have the login). This person then immediately changed the
password prventing my son from logging on.

I have a sense of dread that this person was able to access the credit
card and other personal information given at the time we signed my son
up.

Does anyone know how secure that information is? I mean if this creep
had his login and password can he access everything? I suspended the
credit card from future usage, but I'm still very concerned.

Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get any cooperation from
Runescape at all. I send numerous emails and all I got were canned
number that I could find on their website and also did not provide one
to the credit card when billing the card. Help?

Rustyfan wrote:
> Last night my 11 year old son gave his password to another unknown user
> (I do have the login). This person then immediately changed the
> password prventing my son from logging on.
>
> I have a sense of dread that this person was able to access the credit
> card and other personal information given at the time we signed my son
> up.
>
> Does anyone know how secure that information is? I mean if this creep
> had his login and password can he access everything? I suspended the
> credit card from future usage, but I'm still very concerned.
>
> Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get any cooperation from
> Runescape at all. I send numerous emails and all I got were canned
> number that I could find on their website and also did not provide one
> to the credit card when billing the card. Help?

I guess you've already tried dataprotection@jagex.com
They say

" If for data protection purposes you are concerned that the personal
information maintained by Jagex is not correct, or should you wish to
have your name removed from our records, please contact us at:
dataprotection@jagex.com "

Have you tried the "Password Support" link on their website?
http://www.runescape.com/
Under "Other Features" click Password Support
Password Support again
There's a dropdown menu box on the next webpage with
"Someone else has changed my password" as an option.

On 20 Apr 2005 11:11:45 -0700, "Rustyfan" <rwracer2005@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Last night my 11 year old son gave his password to another unknown user
>(I do have the login). This person then immediately changed the
>password prventing my son from logging on.
>
>I have a sense of dread that this person was able to access the credit
>card and other personal information given at the time we signed my son
>up.
>
>Does anyone know how secure that information is? I mean if this creep
>had his login and password can he access everything? I suspended the
>credit card from future usage, but I'm still very concerned.
>
>Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get any cooperation from
>Runescape at all. I send numerous emails and all I got were canned
>number that I could find on their website and also did not provide one
>to the credit card when billing the card. Help?

IS the username/password for the game the same as for your account ?

If so, then you might be in trouble - it depends on whether you
account lists your cc details in full. Ideally, it would only list
the last 4 digits of the card.

If you're really worried, then cancel the card.

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:50:33 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>If you're really worried, then cancel the card.

Then, cancel the son.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:06:41 -0500, Michael Cecil
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:50:33 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>If you're really worried, then cancel the card.
>
>Then, cancel the son.

lol, but check with the mother first...

And what's with all the carrots ?

"Rustyfan" <rwracer2005@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Last night my 11 year old son gave his password to another unknown user
>(I do have the login). This person then immediately changed the
>password prventing my son from logging on.
>
>I have a sense of dread that this person was able to access the credit
>card and other personal information given at the time we signed my son
>up.
>
>Does anyone know how secure that information is? I mean if this creep
>had his login and password can he access everything? I suspended the
>credit card from future usage, but I'm still very concerned.
>
>Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get any cooperation from
>Runescape at all. I send numerous emails and all I got were canned
>number that I could find on their website and also did not provide one
>to the credit card when billing the card. Help?

You and your kid need to be smacked in the head.

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"Rustyfan" <rwracer2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Last night my 11 year old son gave his password to another unknown user
> (I do have the login). This person then immediately changed the
> password prventing my son from logging on.
>
> I have a sense of dread that this person was able to access the credit
> card and other personal information given at the time we signed my son
> up.
>
> Does anyone know how secure that information is? I mean if this creep
> had his login and password can he access everything? I suspended the
> credit card from future usage, but I'm still very concerned.
>
> Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get any cooperation from
> Runescape at all. I send numerous emails and all I got were canned
> number that I could find on their website and also did not provide one
> to the credit card when billing the card. Help?

So, you let your 11 year old son know the password on an account with your
credit card number? If you let him attend a slumber party at the Neverland
Ranch you might have a shot at father of the year.

I truly hope your wife has the smarts in the family or that kid is doomed.
But then again if she did, you never would have gotten laid.

turk
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

TRENDING THREADS