Motorola 551 Number Of Rings

How is the number of rings set? My wife's phone goes to voice mail
after a couple of rings while mine rings at least 5 times.

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about motorola number rings

    On 15 Aug 2005 10:57:03 -0700, "Sky King" <rebeo727@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >How is the number of rings set? My wife's phone goes to voice mail
    >after a couple of rings while mine rings at least 5 times.
    >
    >TIA

    where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area and
    tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers for
    tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should give
    you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.

    For instance, to set the longest ring delay for the NYC market you would
    dial:

    *61*+19084630020*11*30#

    After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    confirmation message.

    Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area is,
    dial *#61# on your phone.

Motorola Phones