Enabling Wireless

Caryl

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
On my Toshiba A105, the wireless adapter (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) is disabled. When I ask it to be Enabled, it goes through the motions but then immediately disables it again.

Solution
On the keyboard of the Toshiba there is a Fn key located next to the Windows key that when pressed will enablle the keys with the symbols on them that are a different color then the letters and numbers. One of those keys has a wireless symbol on it and I think it's the F8 key , so when you press the Fn key once you can then press the F8 or the key with the wireless symbol once and that will enable the wireless card.
On the keyboard of the Toshiba there is a Fn key located next to the Windows key that when pressed will enablle the keys with the symbols on them that are a different color then the letters and numbers. One of those keys has a wireless symbol on it and I think it's the F8 key , so when you press the Fn key once you can then press the F8 or the key with the wireless symbol once and that will enable the wireless card.

Solution