I really enjoyed Freedom Force 2

What an excellent story!

--
Samy Merchi | samy@iki.fi | http://www.iki.fi/samy | #152235689
Reader of superhero comic books, writer of superhero fanfiction
"*Astrolabe*...whirls...*twirls*!"

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:52:33 +0000 (UTC), Samy Merchi <samy@iki.fi>
wrote:

>What an excellent story!

I remember playing the first one and it was pretty cool.

It would have been even better if there were a few more options
provided:

1) Ability to create your own superhero from the ground up
with more options/details and characters

2) A single character story/stories to build up created characters

3) A more serious and less spoofish story/plot line.

4) A tighter behind the shoulder camera view with FPS ability

5) DC and Marvel-based characters :p

Of course, I'm probably talking about a completely different game.
Still though, I'm looking forward to giving FF2 a try.

wrote:

>What an excellent story!

I can't get myself to take this game seriously. I love the
backstories for all the heroes..... It's just the gameplay that leaves
my frustrated. Seems to me like all i'm doing is randomly sending my
dots around a screen to different points, to kill things. Little to
no tactics.

freshie wrote:
> Samy Merchi wrote:
>>
>> What an excellent story!
>
> I can't get myself to take this game seriously. I love the
> backstories for all the heroes..... It's just the gameplay that leaves
> my frustrated. Seems to me like all i'm doing is randomly sending my
> dots around a screen to different points, to kill things. Little to
> no tactics.

I couldn't agree more.

What's really frustrating in my case is that the game (the 1st one that is,
havent tried the 2nd) has some many elements that I like when taken
individually - comic books, rpg, strategy, shades of the Commandos games,
campy humor, the list goes on and on - but yet it fails to provide a fun
playing experience for some reason.

I *really* wanted to like this game, must have reinstalled it 5 or 6 times
but always came away unimpressed and pissed with myself for not being able
to enjoy it.

Weird, just weird.

Actually if I remember correctly you could create your own superhero
from scratch, it was just not the 'main character'

On 27 Apr 2005 06:04:29 -0700, wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

>Actually if I remember correctly you could create your own superhero
>from scratch, it was just not the 'main character'

Yes, but it basically amounted to a 'unlock' feature. Your character
would only be able to start out with a 'set' number of
characteristics. There may have been a player made patch which
circumvented this, but I wouldn't know. I haven't played it in a long
while.