V 551 Frimware Version

I need to know how to tell what version of Firmware my new V 551 has,
how do I do that? And what is the latest version out there.

I know this was recently address in this group and I thought I saved
it. I was mistaken.

Thanks,

Tucker
3 answers Last reply
More about frimware version

    Andre <notspammable@here.com> wrote:
    > You can check the version you have by dialing *#9999#

    That's handy. If you use Settings-Phone Status-Other Information you can
    see the firmware version R472_G_08.18.16R_0A there, but being able to see
    all of the information on one screen is handy.

    --
    ---

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:59:44 +0000 (UTC),
    Thanks that did it, and I do have the latest firmware version.

    Tucker

    dold@XReXXVX551.usenet.us.com wrote:

    >Tucker <hanks46@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    >> I need to know how to tell what version of Firmware my new V 551 has,
    >> how do I do that? And what is the latest version out there.
    >
    >Andre <notspammable@here.com> wrote:
    >> You can check the version you have by dialing *#9999#
    >
    >That's handy. If you use Settings-Phone Status-Other Information you can
    >see the firmware version R472_G_08.18.16R_0A there, but being able to see
    >all of the information on one screen is handy.

    I have a Rogers, unlocked phone, and it shows R47_G_08.17.OER, i would like
    to know some web sites that post the softwares and "how to's " to upgrade. I
    have the USB cable for the phone.
    Thanks

    "Tucker" <hanks46@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I need to know how to tell what version of Firmware my new V 551 has,
    > how do I do that? And what is the latest version out there.
    >
    > I know this was recently address in this group and I thought I saved
    > it. I was mistaken.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tucker

Motorola Firmware