Sign in with
Your question

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60ghz

Last response: in Windows 7
June 6, 2012 3:47:16 PM

i have desktop , the mother board is intel pentium 4 cpu 1.60ghz , i dont have drivers for it i want to install windows 7, please please help me
June 6, 2012 3:58:00 PM

You dont need drivers for processors or motherboards... You can just install windows 7.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 4:14:35 PM

well, your motherboard is "intel pentium 4" haha! That is a processor not motherboard and why do you want to install a windows 7 on such an old SYSTEM.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 4:14:50 PM

Motherboards do have drivers. They're just usually handled automatically by Windows because the components tend to be standard, like the Intel ICH10 controller.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 106 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2012 5:18:02 PM

Open up the case, look for the motherboard model printed on the board itself and then use that to point to manufacturer and download appropriate XP drivers. Vista or W7 would be too much for this machine.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2012 5:22:45 PM

Go to the manufactures site. Download the drivers. This is computing 101

Really it should be "throw that pentium 4 in the trash and don't look back"
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 235 à CPUs
a c 199 V Motherboard
a c 101 å Intel
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2012 5:31:45 PM

Very likely there are no Windows 7 drivers available for your system. It's just too old to be supported.

If you are running an older OS you can go here and see if the hardware supports Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/up...
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 6:48:29 PM

The worst part about the lack of support is that with 4GB or ram the system would run everything just fine despite the comments above
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:56:30 PM

spentshells said:
The worst part about the lack of support is that with 4GB or ram the system would run everything just fine despite the comments above

I wouldn't necessairly agree with this but sometimes you can get your older machine running windows 7.

Although it is a hunt and sometimes you have to manually install / configure things, it is possible to get drivers for older hardware. Especially when people start to understand that most Vista drivers will work under Windows 7.

A 1.6ghz Pentium 4 is getting a bit long in the tooth. It would struggle with all but the most basic applications even with 4GB of ram. If you are very patient and understand that at best it would be an "office" machine then yes, the hardware is still somewhat viable.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2012 7:11:48 PM

windows 7 will have any necessary legacy drivers built in, since the system is a decade old
m
l
!