Zyxel wfadevice pk5000z

worried1

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I am having some issues, probably paranoia. I keep seeing this Zyxel device on my network. Looks like Quest gear and I have comcast service. My exwife who just left me is a programmer. I fear she has set up access to my rig. I work from home and in looking for clues, I have messed up my system a bit. What can I do

worried1

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I know she has apps on her android that access systems like 4shared. She rearranged my office when she moved out, and since the system isnt running near as fast. Something isnt right here.

rgknott

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2013

I have the same concern. The ZyXEL PK5000Z AP shows up under "Network Infrastructure" sometimes next to my own modem/router, sometimes the PK5000Z AP is shown and my own modem/router does not! I suspect the ZyXEL equipment belongs to one of my neighbors. When I right-click the PK5000Z AP I can see its description and MAC address. What is going on? Is my neighbor stealing my internet connection? Have they hacked in to my laptop? Can they access other computers or devices on my home network? I have set up my modem/router to deny all connections except for a list of MAC addresses which correspond to the devices I own that connect to my home network, and I do not broadcast my SSID, except sometimes temporarily to establish a wireless connection to a new device such as a media player or DVD and determine its MAC address in order to add it to the router's exception list. When my wireless modem/router is not turned on or otherwise not available is my laptop trying to connect to my neighbor's ZyXEL PK5000Z AP and somehow managing to establish enough of a connection that it shows up in my network infrastructure device list? I don't know much about these things and I'm looking for help here. How can I block my neighbor's ZyXEL PK5000Z AP from my network and my internet connection? I have not found any other way in my modem/router hardware firewall settings to specifically block the MAC address of the ZyXEL WFADevice PK5000Z AP. I use Windows Defender and Firewall. Is there a Windows firewall setting which will block it?

I have Actiontec GT701-WG modem connected via ethernet to an unmanaged Trendnet switch, and Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter in an ASUS K55N Windows 8 laptop.

R.