Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-29, mangoldm@gmail.com <mangoldm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Every game I've every played that had in-game houseing made the house a
> seperate instance. It would really help immersion if I could look out
> the window and see the game world. Is anyone aware of a game that
> allows this?

Star Wars Galaxies. Once you build your home its part of the
landscape. I don't recall windows in homes but I do remember
balconies.

jwb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-04-29, mangoldm@gmail.com <mangoldm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Every game I've every played that had in-game houseing made the house a
>> seperate instance. It would really help immersion if I could look out
>> the window and see the game world. Is anyone aware of a game that
>> allows this?
>
> Star Wars Galaxies. Once you build your home its part of the
> landscape. I don't recall windows in homes but I do remember
> balconies.

Morrowind, too (for balconies)

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-29, JWB <jwb3333_spamtrap_@excite.com> wrote:
> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
>> On 2005-04-29, mangoldm@gmail.com <mangoldm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Every game I've every played that had in-game houseing made the house a
>>> seperate instance. It would really help immersion if I could look out
>>> the window and see the game world. Is anyone aware of a game that
>>> allows this?
>>
>> Star Wars Galaxies. Once you build your home its part of the
>> landscape. I don't recall windows in homes but I do remember
>> balconies.
>
> Morrowind, too (for balconies)

Do you actually get to build your own home in Morrowind? Here I
thought people just squatted in NPC homes or used a mod.

shadows in <slrnd75601.2la9.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>:

> > Morrowind, too (for balconies)
>
> Do you actually get to build your own home in Morrowind? Here I
> thought people just squatted in NPC homes or used a mod.

You get to build a stronghold if you join one of the Houses and do the
quests. However, the strongholds are all out in the boondoggles and you
cannot open a new siltstrider or Mage Express route, so squatting is
much more attractive.

I like the place before the Vivec temple; it has room enough even for
the biggest of loot/merchant collections and it can be reached via
Almsivi Intervention from the local Mage Express station. You have to
weigh down the merchants by selling plenty of heavy junk, though, or
they'll wander off.