You know you've been playing too long...

Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
the town of Minsc. What did I think ??

"Squeaky wheel gets it done"

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"

I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK
8 answers Last reply

    In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
    London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
    >Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
    >the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
    >
    >"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
    >
    >"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
    >
    >I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)

    They named a town after him? Cool!
    --
    John Secker

    Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> once tried to test me
    with:

    > Yep. By far my favourite char in that game, although I always felt the
    > Forgotten Realms was a bit awkward for him, what with being a fighter
    > shouting about "leaving no crevice untouched" and brandishing a
    > hamster and all. I wonder if he'd not have been more at home in
    > Planescape.

    LOL, with the hamster and the crevice remarks, he might have been more at
    home on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. ;p

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    In message <suc871tai500kvq0gvruc5tvlpf8kbihr2@4ax.com>, Nostromo
    <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> writes
    >Thus spake John Secker <john@secker.demon.co.uk>, Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:00:48
    >+0100, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
    >>London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
    >>>Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
    >>>the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
    >>>
    >>>"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
    >>>
    >>>"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
    >>>
    >>>I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)
    >>>

    >>They named a town after him? Cool!
    >
    >Yeah, & they have Boo Square in the centre of town.

    And Squeaky Wheel shopping Mall :-)

    --
    Edward Cowling London UK

    Thus spake John Secker <john@secker.demon.co.uk>, Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:00:48
    +0100, Anno Domini:

    >In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
    >London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
    >>Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
    >>the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
    >>
    >>"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
    >>
    >>"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
    >>
    >>I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)
    >>

    >They named a town after him? Cool!

    Yeah, & they have Boo Square in the centre of town.

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
    > One of them used to shout "In Bearer Bonds Name" ??? What was
    > all that about ??

    I think that's Aerie, who is a follower of a gnomish god called
    "Baervan Wildwanderer":

    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/npcs.php

    Though your ultra-capitalist NPC would be sort of cool too.

    b*

    P.S. The original poster was referring to Minsk in Belarus, right?

    In message <xf8de.1184134$Xk.166917@pd7tw3no>, b <beestar@shaw.ca>
    writes
    >Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
    >> One of them used to shout "In Bearer Bonds Name" ??? What was
    >> all that about ??
    >
    >I think that's Aerie, who is a follower of a gnomish god called
    >"Baervan Wildwanderer":
    >
    > http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/npcs.php
    >
    >Though your ultra-capitalist NPC would be sort of cool too.
    >
    >b*
    >
    >P.S. The original poster was referring to Minsk in Belarus, right?

    Yes, of course, but it made it more obvious to spell it Minsc :-)

    Not sure what happened there on Saturday, but it got several mentions on
    Radio 4.

    --
    Edward Cowling London UK

    Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
    > Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
    > the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
    >
    > "Squeaky wheel gets it done"
    >
    > "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
    >
    > I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)

    Butt kicking for goodness!!!

    In message <Va_de.1214847$8l.439930@pd7tw1no>, Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca>
    writes
    >Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
    >> Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems
    >>in the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
    >> "Squeaky wheel gets it done"
    >> "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
    >> I've just been playing these darn games too long :-)
    >>
    >Butt kicking for goodness!!!

    I think the most memorable are Morte's sayings from Planescape.

    "Me? I'm the head of Vecna"

    etc.

    --
    Edward Cowling London UK