You know you've been playing too long...

Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
the town of Minsc. What did I think ??

"Squeaky wheel gets it done"

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"

I've just been playing these darn games too long :)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
>Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
>the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
>
>"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
>
>"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
>
>I've just been playing these darn games too long :)

They named a town after him? Cool!
--
John Secker

Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> once tried to test me
with:

> Yep. By far my favourite char in that game, although I always felt the
> Forgotten Realms was a bit awkward for him, what with being a fighter
> shouting about "leaving no crevice untouched" and brandishing a
> hamster and all. I wonder if he'd not have been more at home in
> Planescape.

LOL, with the hamster and the crevice remarks, he might have been more at
home on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. ;p

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

In message <suc871tai500kvq0gvruc5tvlpf8kbihr2@4ax.com>, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> writes
>Thus spake John Secker <john@secker.demon.co.uk>, Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:00:48
>+0100, Anno Domini:
>
>>In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
>>London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
>>>Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
>>>the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
>>>
>>>"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
>>>
>>>"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
>>>
>>>I've just been playing these darn games too long :)
>>>

>>They named a town after him? Cool!
>
>Yeah, & they have Boo Square in the centre of town.

And Squeaky Wheel shopping Mall :)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

nostromo

Thus spake John Secker <john@secker.demon.co.uk>, Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:00:48
+0100, Anno Domini:

>In message <TRRb2gBss3cCFwhW@genghis0.demon.co.uk>, Edward Cowling
>London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> writes
>>Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
>>the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
>>
>>"Squeaky wheel gets it done"
>>
>>"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
>>
>>I've just been playing these darn games too long :)
>>

>They named a town after him? Cool!

Yeah, & they have Boo Square in the centre of town.

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
> One of them used to shout "In Bearer Bonds Name" ??? What was
> all that about ??

I think that's Aerie, who is a follower of a gnomish god called
"Baervan Wildwanderer":

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/npcs.php

Though your ultra-capitalist NPC would be sort of cool too.

b*

P.S. The original poster was referring to Minsk in Belarus, right?

In message <xf8de.1184134$Xk.166917@pd7tw3no>, b <beestar@shaw.ca>
writes
>Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
>> One of them used to shout "In Bearer Bonds Name" ??? What was
>> all that about ??
>
>I think that's Aerie, who is a follower of a gnomish god called
>"Baervan Wildwanderer":
>
> http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/npcs.php
>
>Though your ultra-capitalist NPC would be sort of cool too.
>
>b*
>
>P.S. The original poster was referring to Minsk in Belarus, right?

Yes, of course, but it made it more obvious to spell it Minsc :)

Not sure what happened there on Saturday, but it got several mentions on
Radio 4.

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
> Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems in
> the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
>
> "Squeaky wheel gets it done"
>
> "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
>
> I've just been playing these darn games too long :)

Butt kicking for goodness!!!

In message <Va_de.1214847$8l.439930@pd7tw1no>, Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca>
writes
>Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
>> Today I was listening to the radio and they mentioned some problems
>>in the town of Minsc. What did I think ??
>> "Squeaky wheel gets it done"
>> "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes"
>> I've just been playing these darn games too long :)
>>
>Butt kicking for goodness!!!

I think the most memorable are Morte's sayings from Planescape.

"Me? I'm the head of Vecna"

etc.

--
Edward Cowling London UK