Sony Clie TH55 vs Zire 72

June 11, 2004 2:41:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,fr.comp.sys.palm-pilot (More info?)

Hi

I have a Zire 71 and plan to upgrade for BT technology

what about a comparison betweeen
Sony Clie TH55 vs Zire 72

price, technolgy, speed...

I need to programm also, BT, using CodeWarrior and PALM SDK, are there
incompatibility...

Thanks for your opinion

Lotfi

More about : sony clie th55 zire

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 2:41:33 PM

Lotfi wrote:
> what about a comparison betweeen
> Sony Clie TH55 vs Zire 72
>
> price, technolgy, speed...
>
> I need to programm also, BT, using CodeWarrior and PALM SDK, are there
> incompatibility...

Yes, one incompatibility is that the Zire 72 likes to send you
sysNotifyDisplayChangeEvent notifications that you didn't request
even when your app is not running and sometimes claim (using
launch flags) that it's a subcall when actually it's not a subcall
since you haven't even gotten the sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch
launch code yet. But only after you launch your app the first
time. Or at least that was my experience.

Also, the really obvious thing is that the Zire 72 is a 320x320
screen, and the TH55 is a 320x480 screen. As such, the TH55
will use the Sony style of screen-resizing, so it will give you
a chance to test your Sony-style screen-resizing code, which is
of course different than Palm's screen-resizing stuff...

- Logan
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 2:41:33 PM

The Brighthand website has some extensive reviews you might think
worth reading...

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:41:32 +0200, "Lotfi"
<llbaghli(nospam)@ifrance.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a Zire 71 and plan to upgrade for BT technology
>
>what about a comparison betweeen
>Sony Clie TH55 vs Zire 72
>
>price, technolgy, speed...
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 5:06:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,fr.comp.sys.palm-pilot (More info?)

Beware of the Sony, Sony has plans to discontinue PDA sales in the USA.

!